DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably get alot sh** for this but idk what else to try. I bought a 1997 dodge intrepid with the 3.5. the car was in almost perfect shape and has a110kmiles. I only paid 700 but man I had no idea what I was in for. After me and my old lady test drove the car we agreed to buy it. it ran great ice cold a/c heater worked perfect the only issue we thought it had was the gauge cluster didn't work no big deal. after about a week my gf came to me and explained the car had started smoking really bad. I'm gonna skip alot to get to the point. i ended up finding out it suppoably had a bad injector in Cylinder 3. i had the gf order a refurbished injector and replaced it myself. and yes I'm actually a certified auto tech plus came from a family that builds engines for fun. while I was replacing the injector I realized a part of the rail were the fuel line enters the rail was cracked and broken. plus the o ring was toast. my first attempt not knowing what I know now about all the flippin recalls I tried using just a basic o ring a tad bit smaller. I knew it would need to be replaced eventually anyways. and surprisingly the car worked fine for a week. in the week it ran great some how wether it was the o ring I used or the railnhad just became brittle over time. well after I tore it all apart again I actually found the exact size. after solving that problem I moved on to the now broken fuel rail. I decided to use jb weld and build it up enough over time to the point that at first glance u would've known I repaired it. well like a dumbass I figured I might as well replace the other sides onrings as well and snapped that rail also. it broke right werenthe metal locking clip slides in to hold and secure the fuel line. I can't afford to buy new rails at the moment my mother in law just passed after moving in and living with my gf and I so we could take care of her. well we have to pay everydime for her funeral. and just before she moved in I just finally recovered from reconstructive ankle surgery 4 different surgeries on my right ankle to make men able to wdodfeintrepid.netalk again. witch during all the medical bs for myself I lost my job I went from bringing home almost 2500every no weeks. to pushing forward on my own mobile mechanic business. I'm tapped and truthfully out of options. if anyone has ever had to repair a 97 lntrepid with the hard asf to find parts for 3.5 motor bs plastic fuel rail and had great success doing it pls help me. thnk u very much have a good

·
Premium Member
17,026 Posts
There's a good chance you can find a fuel rail on www.car-part.com for under $50. I just checked, and it looks like there are a few.

car-part.com is a listing service for salvage yards. Just drill down on your model Intrepid and 'fuel rail'. If not one local to you, no big deal - places will ship to you for cost of shipping (probably around $15).

Good luck. I hope things get better for you.

Post back whether or not successful with car-part.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts