DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a project car now, a 89' Chevy Caprice Classic, it has a 305 for an engine.. Well i've decoverd that it's leaking antifreeze! The radiator is full of it, but the puke tank is almost empty.. There is a hose comming out of the radiator near the cap, and it's leaking out around there. it looks like the bolt, or nut what ever you want to call it that screws in to the radiator has cracked and is leaking out only on one side of it.. but if it gets below that point it dosn't leak.. This is the first time it's done this!! If it would drain back in to the "puke tank" it would not be leaking, is there somthing i can do about this? should i drain some of the antifreeze out and then pore more in to the "puke tank"? Sorry if you cant understand this, i'm kinda haveing a bad day with words..

·
Registered
931 Posts
get a new bolt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like your overflow tube coming off the radiator is cracked. Take it to a Radiator shop and see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah.. the "puke tank" has filled back up now and it's fine.. I cant really get it to an radiator shop sence i cant drive yet, and the car is not legal at all.. my grandmother still has the title..

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
replace engine with 350, problem solved.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
So, exactly how is changing the engine supposed to fix the rad?

Also, puke tank = overflow tank.

A rad shop should be able to solder the crack in the overflow tube for you. Just drive it down once you sort out the legalities of it all.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Great White said:
So, exactly how is changing the engine supposed to fix the rad?
It was a joke. ha ha. :anon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts