DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need to find out how exactly and where u moved the pcm and evap canister and what u used to hold them when u moved them. thanx help would be apprciated.please no bullshit!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Seems like there used to be a link to a how to on tyhat; however, I tried to do a search and the search function won't work. Any idea why?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here you go again.....

Yes I do know that the 95 and up PCM's are a tad different in there brackets I'm told. Especially from 97purple_trep who did the same thing I did but found his pcm to be a tad different.

Information Page

This link is like the first day I made the kit before we went to Bristol, TN to test it but the track was closed!!! Since then the filter has been moved up a good amount. When it warms up I will be getting a filter a tad smaller in diameter to allow me to go higher since its too large now. Also will be closing off the area where the filter is to look cleaner and covering the 8912 adaptors, harness, evap can with metal as well.

Intake design

Just a note to those I talk to often, I will be back at school and online as usual starting Friday or Saturday. I am heading back to my place on Friday and should be able to help or answer any questions Saturday.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
arent you ever worried about rain/water/roadsalt/crap gettin in that filter WAAY down there? it seems like it would suck lots of water being right in front of the wheel and all

·
Registered
167 Posts
I wouldn't think it would suck up water at such an angle he has it at.

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: gise1 ]

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think he has a bypass valve on it anyways. I heard him saying something about it in one of the posts. You really shouldn't have an external cold air intake with out a bypass valve. Since water WILL NOT COMPRESS, if water gets in your engine, kiss it goodbye as the thing shudders to a dead stop!

Sucks eh?

·
Registered
144 Posts
DJNRG.... when you state bypass valve...where and how do you mean?

·
Registered
587 Posts
A bypass valve is something that goes on an intake pipe, at the same level as the throttle body. What it does, is when the suction builds up too much (like when you start to suck up water) little flaps in the bypass valve open up and suck in DRY air from the engine compartment to feed the engine, and when the water leaves the pipe/filter the flaps close, and then the engine sucks in air from the normal filter. The bypass valve has a filter too, but it is a smaller one. Go to the AEM web site, I think its www.aempower.com They have all kinds of cool stuff, like programmable ECU's that allow cars to be turbocharged/supercharged that weren't meant to be, and allows you to modify the timing and fuel delivery.....I wonder if they have a program for the intrepid? :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doe AEM sell just the bypass valve or their filter, I'm having a hrd time figuring out what ad where to get the parts ad pieces for this cold-air induction.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ok guys here you go. As I stated before the filter is not as low now as that picture shows, it has moved up a good 5 inches. I have driven it in heavy snow, yes we got a foot of snow in Hampton, Va and in heavy rain doing 70 to 80 on I-81 and it never got soaken wet, only slight drips of water on it from the interstate driving. First its being moved a tad higher when I get a new filter that fits better where I want and close the area off from the top. When you wash the car no water gets on it either. Also, I didn't put the bypass on cause I didn't feel the need with my setup. In fact sold it to a buddy with a integra type r. First this motor will never suck up water like that especially with the angle and length of tube I have running. Also, I don't plan on driving in the everglades either or in Lake Erie. I've seen tons of ricers who really do need bypass valves cause they run the filter on the ground and aimed forward so they have a bad tendency on any road with bad drainage to have water ingested. Many of you have seen fox body cold air kits that suck air down low that goes up to the filter box. Basically I copied that idea but ran the filter down low instead but that is raised so the water isn't a worry anymore. Eventually I'm running a scoop very similiar to those kits to get air to the new filter I will be ordering. So far this kit I made has cost me a whopping 5 bucks, so pay your 100 plus from dreamspeed if they ever make one to get all the hot air you want. I'm pretty happy with my setup and its appearance. I got some more pics that I posted of the intake and I'll be updating my webpage soon for you guys to check out. Got many requests for pictures of my leather interior and other features. Take care and IM if you want or email.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts