DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my 2002 dodge intrepid with a rocford fosgate t1500 amp and 2 12 inch kicker l7, but it doesnt sound near as good as it should. My question is has anyone had a big custom box built for the trunk of these cars and is that what i should do??

·
Registered
529 Posts
Try turning the box around! Is the box ported or sealed are the ports obstructed? What size wire are you running power, ground, and speaker wires? Are you running a cap? Did you change the alt.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a rockford fosgate t1500 amp, the altanator and battery are fine, i have an extra battery run to help, and using 0 gauge from batterty to second batt. and 4 gauge to amp. my box is perted but its not made custom to the kicker l7s. its straight off the shelf like a regular old box, so i was thinking if i had a bigger box built it would sound a heck of a lot better, which is wat i was told anyways. So i was wondering if anyone with a trepid has a monster system and if it is possible to use the whole trunk to make box and would it make a big difference??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not runnung a cap and ground is 4 gauge and amp is grounded to battery and battery is grounded good with 0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, its a rf t1500 which is 1500rms at 1om or 1000rms at 4ohms which i have 4ohm set.....so if i fnd a better ground, it will sound better??

·
Registered
529 Posts
Its a start! What gage it the power wire from the battery and the speaker wires. I do not run any speaker wires any less than 14ga. A little over kill in most situations but its better to be over than under! I pulled the panel down on the rear deck on mine and removed the paint and drilled a hole a d bolted my ground there don't go all the way throw to the top!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have to ask do you have these speakers in a box and of the proper size you will have to look up your speakers and see what size box they require!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i got 4 gauge from secondary battery to amp, speaker wire is thick like 14 i believe, the box i have is off from what my speakers require

·
Registered
529 Posts
Could be check your + - on the speakers! Are the boxes sealed or ported and check the speaker specks! For sealed or ported!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Could be check your + - on the speakers! Are the boxes sealed or ported and check the speaker specks! For sealed or ported!
^ This

If your polarity is mixed around you'll get a muddy crappy sound.

Black on black, white on white, red on red, pink on pink... you get the idea... lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I checked wiring, everything is good, hopefully a bigger box does the answet, otherwise I'm at a big loss, cause idk

·
Registered
529 Posts
You may need to run a cap! It will make it easer on your battery and alt and your lights are less likely to dim! Can you post a pic of the settings on your amp!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts