DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, so basically I've given up on trying to figure out how to fix the issue with my 2004 SXT... I've brought it to 3 different shops and they all have said something different and they all have not fixed my issue yet.

So here is the problem. When the car is first started (cold) it runs like a bag of ****! it will slowly begin to lose idle speed and eventually idle around 300 rpm or stall out completely.

- Check engine codes = Both pre cat O2 sensors... which have been replaced by myself so I have no idea why the codes are still there. sometimes the codes will go off and back on randomly.

No vacuum leaks anywhere, had it brought to a shop to have it tested and looked over.

Had the fuel pressure tested as well.. I thought it might be a fuel issue because I have tried everything else. Fuel pressure was as 52-53lbs.

I have replaced all the coil packs and spark plugs within the last 10000kms.

I was recommended to bring it in to the stealership to get the pcm flashed or reprogrammed.. I did that yesterday and that did absolutely nothing. They told me that my problem I am having is because of my exhaust system.... :S . Which has the 2 stock mufflers removed and the resonator. I put a flowmaster muffler on it... I did not even increase the pipe diameter.. I am soooooo lost... If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Did you have this issue prior to installing the exhaust or only after?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The codes were there before the exhaust work... But I just can't understand how mild exhaust work can effect the car like this :( I will probably be putting on another muffler to the system to see what happens.. I'll keep everyone posted about what happens

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
you said you replaced the 02 sensors,, did you get the new ones at the dealer, or some place like uncle guses part and garden shop?, dealer is the only ones our cars like,, replacement ones like bosch are crap.

·
Premium Member
17,349 Posts
What HE ^ said.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you said you replaced the 02 sensors,, did you get the new ones at the dealer, or some place like uncle guses part and garden shop?, dealer is the only ones our cars like,, replacement ones like bosch are crap.
I did not get the o2s at the dealership... I bought them at a parts store, I have heard of vehicles running a little poor with bad o2 sensors but this is beyond that. I'll try to take a video

·
Registered
452 Posts
yea any sensor or electrical part for this car i would go OEM ive yet to see anyone say good things about aftermarket sensors

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What part of the province are you located in?
Sault ste marie, about 3 hours away from you lol. I've tried to get a video of how it runs but the car has decided to run really well lately.. Codes are still present but the sputtering/stalling problem hasn't happened in the last few days. Wet rainy weather seems to make the problem come to life if that makes any sense. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts