DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure where the two wires from the sun sensor harness plug into. I pulled off the plastic kick panel and then the metal panel and I can see the backside of the fuse panel. I found this pic from a previous post about this:

and I don't see it anywhere back there. I have a 2000 SE. Am I supposed to remove the BCM to find these connectors or is the BCM different on my car then the one in the pic?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Strizay said:
I can't figure where the two wires from the sun sensor harness plug into. I pulled off the plastic kick panel and then the metal panel and I can see the backside of the fuse panel. I found this pic from a previous post about this:

and I don't see it anywhere back there. I have a 2000 SE. Am I supposed to remove the BCM to find these connectors or is the BCM different on my car then the one in the pic?
Hmm, looks like one of my pics. Anyhow, here's the bigger version of the same pic. Look for green circles on the cavities where the sun sensor wires are supposed to go. I forget the colour of the wires.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
BCM should be the same for your 2000 SE, all you have to do is remove the juntion block by taking four mounting screws off (2 top, 2 bottom) and then kinda turn it your way (away from the firewall area) to get access to the BCM connectors. Here's another pic to give you an idea (look at the red aero, thats your bcm).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So is the black box the part I'm trying to remove? I can easily access 3 out the 4 screws. The one in the top right corner is blocked by a bunch of connectors. I guess I will have to remove the bolt that holds them in place so I can get to that screw. I wish someone had written a more detailed how-to about this procedure. I don't like guessing and being wrong and removing stuff I don't have to. I see that almost everyone that has done this mod already had the sensor in place already. That pic is one of yours I just shrank it down to fit the page. Thanks for being the only one to respond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.