DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys I need help determine why my continental is overheating, it has a recently replaced engine of a 2001 continental with a brand new thermostat that has been tested good when it sits still in traffic for more than about to 2-5 minutes it will be getting to overheat slightly but stay within the normal range. if I put it in neutral and hold the RPM's at about two thousand or so it will cool down within one minute and will stay cool as long as I have my foot on the throttle,I have bled the cooling system very well and I believe I have all the air out however the upper radiator hose is a lot hotter than the lower radiator hose so I'm wondering if the water pump is not circulating well or possibly a clogged radiator anyways I really need help with this is my only vehicle thanks guys. sorry if this seems jumbled or the punctuation is incorrect, I am using voice to text on my phone.

The fans are working correctly also.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
and its ok when your cruzing down the road,, correct?, my old shop truck was doing the same thing,, till we replaced the radiator

·
Registered
452 Posts
it may not be clogged but the lines are restricted? that would explain why when cruising or if you rev it the WP moves much quicker forcing the coolant threw the lines quicker?

just throwing darts at it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts