DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I decided the Infinity didn't have enough power and started up grading my system. I am keeping the factory head and cd changer but have replaced all the speakers and added a two channel amp (Alpine V12) to power the fronts. The rears now sound wimpy so I'm adding a four channel (Alpine) to power the fronts and rear and using the two channel already installed to power an 8" bazooka tube to increase bass. My question is will this cause a headlight flicker/dim situation or can the cars electrical keep up? I won't be playing it too loud so I'm not sure on current draw. Anyone who has upgraded have you had this problem and how did you resolve it if it happened?
Thanks
BK

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm running 200w to my fronts and 400w to my subs and I haven't had any flicker or dimming occur.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I have seen plenty of cars with that problem ... you can get rid of the flickering light by one of three ways... 1 buy a bigger battery for your car. 2 add a capacitor to your system. And a surely way of getting stopping this flickering is by upgrading your alternator, but you can only get this kind of alternator from a certified stereo/amp/speaker install store, such as "Masters Car Stereo" which I go to. Tell them about your lights flickering, and how much watts your amps are pushing. they should know which one to sell you, and they'll install it for you... Then kiss the flickering goodbye!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well I have a buddy with a '99 and he has an Orion HCCA 2250 amp installed, if you don't know about these amps, the are notoriously current hungry, drawing somewhere around 30-40 amps on a regular basis, and he has no problems, he did put in a stiffening cap, to be on the safe side...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts