DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few problems with the electrical system. The most annoying being the power door locks no longer work. I have the shop manual for the 95 Trep, but a lot of these elctrical diagrams are way over my head. I don't have a strong enough grasp on these electrical systems to be able to trouble shoot my issues.

So i was wondering if there is anyone in the MD/VA/DC area that wouldn't mind lending me a hand? Or perhaps someone knows of a good site that might be able to bring me up to speed on these electrical diagrams.

Your help is always appreciated,
Mike

J

·
0 Posts
You checked the fuses and all that right?

Cuz the only reason why the above would not work is 1 relay or 1 fuse.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think it's either part of the circuit is grounding out or there is a freyed wire someonwhere. Currently I pulled both lock and unlock relays. But I only did that because the locks became unreliable and "corky". Doors occationally unlocking around sharp slow turns. When locking or unlocking, not all the doors would work all the time. Random successful and unsuccessful lock/unlock when using the alarm or the switch. So you know I pulled the relays just so that I know the system would not unlock itself unbeknowst to me.

Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
both sides? if only on the drivers side try this

rusted junction on the pink wire under the carpet, just between your foot and the doorstep under the carpet... mine where bright green

·
Registered
424 Posts
Did they lock/unlock when you passed cop cars? Did your horn ever honk at random times? If this is happening to you, call 1-800-ghost busters. Just kidding. I had this stuff happen to me and it was the RKE (remote keyless entry) box in the dash. I just pulled one out of a junk car and never had the problem again. Just an idea.
-Taaf-

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good suggestion green, I'll give that a look.

tdawg, How did you zero in on the remote keyless entry? An alarm tech said it was my BCM. I replaced that and nothing improved. So I'd perfer not to just replace parts unless I know they are malfunctioning. Let me know how you tested to find out this part was the problem.

Thanks guys,
Mike

·
Dain bramaged
7,219 Posts
hey man.. I'd have no problem lendin ya a hand with this..

Hell I have a stash of spare parts we can tear throu tryin random things.. just let me know man..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts