DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im looking for subwoofer for my car well i got this choices but i dont know which one to get what you guys think?
sony explode
Power Handling:
Peak: 1500 watts
RMS: 400 watts
Impedance: Dual 4 ohm

rockford fosgate P3D412
1000 WATTS MAX 500 WATTS RMS
DUAL 4 OHM COILS

rockford fosgate P3D212
12" Dual 2 ohms Punch Stage 3 Subwoofer Power Handling:
Peak: 2000 watts per pair / 1000 watts each
RMS: 1000 watts per pair / 500 watts each

MTX 12" Dual 4 Ohms TR55 Thunder Round Series Subwoofer MAX Power: 800 Watt (1600 Watt PAIR) RMS: 400 Watt (800 Wattt PAIR)

12" JackHammer 55 Round Series Subwoofer Power Handling:
Peak: 800 watts (1600 Watt Pair)
RMS: 400 watts (800 Watt Pair)
Impedance: Single 4 Ohms

let me know which one should i get?

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
It depends on what you are going to have for an amp to push them

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yea.. what amp will you be using???.. I personally would get the RF P3..and depending on what amp you use..decide on the D4 or D2....... But that's just goin on past experience with RF products..I like em for the price..and the styling is pretty good now days.
If it were me.. I'd get 1 15 in a sealed enclosure so you have the deep low ends..but it will still be tight enough to have that kick.. (if you have a good amp that is)
Also what do you want to accomplish with your sub....round out your music listening experience..or shake the block..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea.. what amp will you be using???.. I personally would get the RF P3..and depending on what amp you use..decide on the D4 or D2....... But that's just goin on past experience with RF products..I like em for the price..and the styling is pretty good now days.
If it were me.. I'd get 1 15 in a sealed enclosure so you have the deep low ends..but it will still be tight enough to have that kick.. (if you have a good amp that is)
Also what do you want to accomplish with your sub....round out your music listening experience..or shake the block..
well im looking for the subs firts and then i will look for the amp and im looking for something kind of loud you know:thanks:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
oh ok something that people would say if you hear me but you dont see me is because i got king kong on my trunk ..... to shake the block
if you go with 1 12..and you want it that loud.. you will be upgrading soon..to either multiple 12's or larger subs.. .. there's also loud.. and then there's loud and clear.........What's your budget for the subs/amp

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you go with 1 12..and you want it that loud.. you will be upgrading soon..to either multiple 12's or larger subs.. .. there's also loud.. and then there's loud and clear.........What's your budget for the subs/amp
im looking for loud and clear and the budget i dont know 400 500 let me know different set up

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
..If I were you I would invest more of the money into the amp..you should be able to get a pretty nice amp on ebay for around $400..I got a Alpine PDX 1.1000 for $320 .. you can get a pair of 12's on ebay fairly cheap.. such as THESE ..orrr you can get an amp/sub combo like THIS Orrr..THIS..Orrr THESE TYPE R's
Get on ebay and search 12 (name brand) 2 (or pair) ... 12 alpine 2 or ..12 alpine pair ..and you'll get pairs of subs... make it go in order from price..lowest+shipping first.. find your best deal.. ...... there's too many suggestions to be made when talking about car audio stuff..you pretty much have to find what you like.. and make sure it's hooked up,set-up, and the sub enclosure is made solidly and correctly..

·
Registered
299 Posts
dual 4ohm subs are good then you can ohm them down with the wiring, i would check out the alpine type R subs.....Great power handling and they hit hard and last forever i have had both the new set and the old set and never had complaints against them.....a pair will handle 2000 peak and if i remember its 750 rms and thats only for one sub...
but now they have the newer edition and style, the new ones are a little bit smaller depth and handle 800 rms and 1600 peak...

check out alpine they are great....

·
Registered
90 Posts
invest more into a good amp, and if i were you, i would STAY AWAY FROM SONY especially amps. personally, anything rockford is great. mtx and kickers can be nice too. try 2 l7s :p that would be hella loud!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.