DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brian I own a 99 Intrepid that has a problem with the heater. When I change the temperature setting the car fails to change from cold to hot. I ran a diagnostic on the Mtc system the code reads ac23 blend door actuator feedback failure. As I run the the test I can hear the servo for the Blend door moving then after the test is complete I get the code. Then when I change the temp control nothing happens. I got a new blend door actuator and plugged it in with out actually installing it to make sure it worked. When I attempted to change the temperature control the servo did nothing. I ran the diagnostic again and the servo ran through the cycle and code ac23 came up again(on the new part). What does the code mean? Can it be a bad cluster mechanism on the dash? I'm at a loss and I need to figure it out. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Thank you

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
the blend air door actuator uses a motor to move the door and it uses a potentiometer (?) to signal the position of the door back to the controller. Without that position sensor giving a signal (feedback) to the controller, it would not be possible for the controller to move the door to any particular selected position. Things to check for would be the connections at the blend air door actuator, connections on the back of the atc unit, damaged wires, or possibly an internal problem with the mtc unit. Also, never forget that new parts don't always mean good parts. You'll have to figure out which terminals are for the motor and sensor part of the actuator, then use a multimeter to check for continuity between the terminals for the sensor part.

When inspecting connections, look for corrosion; loose, damaged, or pushed out pins, or damage to wires near the connection. Looking for problems in the wires themselves is a little trickier to trace down so I would probably skip to pulling a mtc unit from a junkyard (about $15 give or take) and try that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts