DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Check engine light just came on today and I check the fault codes and it brings up 32 "Open or shorted condtion detected in the EGR transucer solenoid circuit" What does this mean? I just had my radiator replaced a couple of weeks ago, don't know if it has anything to do with this? So any info on this fault code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
nothing to do with the cooling system EGR (exhaust Gas Recurlation),, 9 times out of 10 the egr valve and its control unit (known as transducer)needs to be replaced,, get one from the dealer!! ive found the ones from auto zone napa etc,, arent worth a chit,,
good luck

Reactions: Wildman

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DrDodge! I appreciate the help, I have to get some other work done to it so I'll get that banged off at the same time. What's the price on a EGR valve?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Wildman said:
Thanks DrDodge! I appreciate the help, I have to get some other work done to it so I'll get that banged off at the same time. What's the price on a EGR valve?
It's $122 MSRP. at the dealer.

·
9,861 Posts
If I remeber right, the autozone part is the same as the chrysler one. It comes as a kit with the solenoid and valve.

Reactions: Wildman

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks again guys, now one more question... Is it ok to still drive my car around with this problem? It seems to run perfect right now?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Umm, I would if I had to, but not for long, I think after sometime it'll start to plug up your Cat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine did the same thing and I was really frustrated because I had just done a tune up and replaced the airfilter. Turns out that I had just pulled the wire and 1 vaccuum hose loose...lol

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Strongt said:
Umm, I would if I had to, but not for long, I think after sometime it'll start to plug up your Cat.
Cats are overrated :biglaugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts