DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Members

2001 Intrepid ES

I am doing my install this week end and have a few ????

-When I pulled my old head unit it had the grey and black plugs, plus a small white one with a violett and yellow wire what is this for?
-I pulled the plugs from my stock amp Mid Line System one black and one white. Do the white plug wires run dirrectly to the front door speakers and sails. I cut the plug off and spliced into the wires to run to my amp.
-do I need to hook up the blue wire on my harness adapters?
-I have the Infinity 7540a amp do I need to run two sets of RCA to the amp for front and back? Amp has two line in for front and back.
My new head unit has 3 sets of RCA's Front/Rear/Sub
-Where is the best place to ground every thing?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The violet & yellow wire is the PCI bus wire. It allows he radio presets to change if you have memory seats and I believe the steerign wheel controls muight use it as well. It is not needed with an aftermarket radio.

I'm not sure whether the white plug is input or output and what color the wires are, but there are wires that run from the amp to the sail & door speakers. As long as you follow the wiring guide you shoudl be fine.

If you're bypassing the stock amp, there is no need to connect the blue wire to the harness, only to your new amps or to a power antenna if you have one.

Each RCA carries the + & - for one channel. If you're amp is 4 channel and you're connecting all 4 speakers to it which is what it sounds liek you're doing, then yes you will need 2 sets of RCAs for a total of 4 plugs.

Everything should be grounded to a clean bare metal part of the chassis as close as possible to where the amp is being mounted.

Hope that helps!!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The seats will still work fine. You just won't have the radio presets change when you hit the memory button. I'm not sure about the wires. I'll see if I can find the wiring guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.