DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to bore out my TB for my 3.5L and need to know the Holley number for the larger plate. I remember reading here before about one i think it was for a 5.0L Ford that had the same bolt spacing as ours, and I think it was 70mm.
Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks!

I was planning this mod too and needed to know the same thing!

The question is how much would the machine shop want to do a job like this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Holy old thread batman. But its exactly what id like to know. What exactly does this mod give you? and is it worth the little time id spend to do it? Would i buy a new throttle body, and have a machine shop in town bore it out? Or can i send in mine and have them do the same thing?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Holy old thread batman. But its exactly what id like to know. What exactly does this mod give you? and is it worth the little time id spend to do it? Would i buy a new throttle body, and have a machine shop in town bore it out? Or can i send in mine and have them do the same thing?
wow 7 year old thread....

lets brush the dust off it and see what these carves stone tablets are saying....

TB's might take a few hours to mill but its getting time and the guy in the shop. so if your okay without a car for up to a week then you can use yours.

a TB bore allows the air into the engine....... like a port and polish..

·
Premium Member
16,767 Posts
FWIW, do I recall reading that the Holley plates are no longer available?

·
Registered
161 Posts
TB's might take a few hours to mill but its getting time and the guy in the shop. so if your okay without a car for up to a week then you can use yours.

a TB bore allows the air into the engine....... like a port and polish..
Okay, so its a very reasonably easy upgrade. Are the benefits from it good? What can i expect from doing this mod?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts