DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of research about how many resistors I need per LED bub. I've read that you need 4 (one per turn signal). Also, I heard that one per side is fine (1 per rear turn signal). So what's the correct number of resistors per turn signal? Can I just put 2 resistors in each rear turn signal and prevent the FRONT trun signals from hyper flashing? Or do I need to add resistors to the front turn signals too? THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
835 Posts
You can just buy a EP-27 for under the dash and you won't have to mess with resisters at all. However, I used some 30HM 50W resisters for my tails and that worked great. Just one between the blinker wire and ground. I used t-taps to tap in so no cutting involved either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can just buy a EP-27 for under the dash and you won't have to mess with resisters at all. However, I used some 30HM 50W resisters for my tails and that worked great. Just one between the blinker wire and ground. I used t-taps to tap in so no cutting involved either.
Don't know if it's true but I read that even with the EP-27 relay the turn signal will hyperflash.

·
Premium Member
17,340 Posts
Don't know if it's true but I read that even with the EP-27 relay the turn signal will hyperflash.
I've not read that, but I have read that certain brands don't work correctly (they blow the turns fuse when the hazards are used), but that other brands work. One brand needs to have the middle pin cut off to work correctly, except then the hazards don't work when the ignition is off or something like that.

·
Premium Member
17,340 Posts
I used a EP-27 Relay from Advance Auto parts and cut out the center pin. The hazards work when the key's in the ignition and the car's running...
...but not when the ignition is off, right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts