DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

NEED INPUT: lower control arm brand

780 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Boron-X 
#1 ·
short one... anyone knows anything about Chassis 1 or Chassis 500 brands? I need a new lower control arm on the drivers side cause, well, the rubber is done for, and it gets quite ****ing anoying... looks like I could get those almost half price of what I was quoted, and well, I'm not stupid, I smell getting screwed so I'd like any input you guys might have

thanks in advance

#2 ·
Do you have TRW, Sealed Power or Perfect Circle brands there? Perhaps a Moog part? If the parts place has them in stock... you could directly compare the Chassis 1/500 parts to one of those (or whatever expensive one they do have). Or, compare to the stock part on the vehicle.
Chass 500 is part of Coni-Seal, a newer division. If they manf'r their own parts, they'd be just as good and far less expensive. Like Dynagear timing sets.
Personally, I tend to stay with TRW (regardless of actual labeling) or Moog, if available. TRW is often the OEM, anyway, hard to miss ;-) Moog parts usually have better bushings (IMO).
Yeah, amen on the annoying. My 97's cradle bushings are brutalized, makes me want to weld the damned thing to the frame rails and be done with it.
Happy wrenching!

Boron-X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.