DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. alrite i blew the front left door speaker and the front left tweeter long time ago and it kind of sucks having only the right front side of the car working while i drive. the rear 6x9's are fine.

My question is how large in diametre is the Door speaker and also the tweeter size in diametre. i will be purchasing these on the weekend. How is installation like btw? easy? hard?

I've never taken apart my interior panels for my trep before.

let me know guys.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anybody have a solution for the back 6X9 speakers? Do you have to take off that whole back lid between the window and the seat to get to your speakers? I know all the other cars that I owned, I could get to them from the trunk and If I am not mistaking you have to unscrew them from the top in the Intrepid?

Thanks 95Intrepisize for letting us know about having to just pop the grill for the door speakers, I thought you would have to take the whole door panel off! Thanks again...

Reactions: DKILLA

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok, what's the easiest way to take the deck off? Do you need to take the back part of the backseat off?

·
Registered
208 Posts
THANKS Starnerf! This is gonna be a great help... Why couldn't they have just bolt them in from the trunk??? lol...

·
Registered
208 Posts
THANKS Starnerf! This is gonna be a great help... Why couldn't they have just bolted them in from the trunk??? lol...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so which grill pops off? the door speaker or the dash speaker?
im assuming its the dash speaker.

how do i replace the door speaker then?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ****.. are there any screws involved when taking off the dash cover?

also u kno where i can get a pic show me how to popp off the grill for my door speaker? i dont wanna dent it

·
Registered
467 Posts
pop it off from the front...there are two tabs on the front (part of the grille). as soon as you get those out, it will slide right out.

the screws that hold the speaker in are T-25 Torx bit.

Reactions: DKILLA

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah that front cover comes off really easy just pry it off with a flat screw driver or something on each side and it just clips in and out, no screws involved except for when you get to the speakers themselves.

·
Registered
467 Posts
no screwdriver. fingers. very carefully.

btw...I thought the door speakers were 6.5"

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay cool. yeah i have a first gen so i just simply pry it off with a flatty? sounds good to me. as for the dash speaker.. what is T-25 or w/e you said it was... sorry man i just dont wanna crack my dash when changing this speaker.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ignore what I said then, sorry I didn't see you had a 1Gen.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL, yeah guys its the first gen disscussion so yeah.. lol so can sum 1 fill me in with the proper FIRST GEN procedures? thanks fellas.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts