DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LG Chocolate that's 1 year and 12 days old had a problem today. The earpiece speaker suddenly stopped working. I can still talk on the phone using speakerphone, but other than that, not sure.

Do you think this should be covered by the 1 year warranty? Any suggestions in talking to them?

If not, what should I do? Should I buy a new phone?

I was thinking HTC Touch........but I'd love to hear suggestions. It HAS to be CDMA as my current contract with Telus is a VERY good deal. $17.40/month for 200 anytime, and unlimited 6PM evenings and weekends.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Where did you get the phone?
I have Verizon, and I just had issue with my wife's Cherry Chocolate. It's screen went belly up on her middle of her using it. We could get it to turn on, but the screen blinked white to black on and off. The Verizon store, despite the phone being 4 months past the one year warranty(we had no insurance either), was going to give her a new(old stock) chocolate for $50. They were cutting us a break to get rid of their old style chocolates.

If you bought your phone outside of Telus(like off the internet) then contact LG directly since it is just past the 1 yr. They might be just as eager as my local verizon stores to get rid of their old stock Chocolates

*edit - we ended up not getting the NOS chocolate because my wife said she would always down load songs and games while talking on that phone.

·
Registered
445 Posts
From what i've read around the Inet, the HTC touch looks like a solid phone. I have a razr that is about 1.5 years old, still works pretty good but I'm honestly getting sick of it, so I wouldn't recommend getting a razr. If you can get a data package on your network i recommend getting a smartphone. As soon as this dumb 2 year contract runs up this december on my phone i'll probably be switching to AT&T and either getting an iPhone or a tilt. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna start looking for parts phones on ebay. I think if I can repair it for under $50, I'm just gonna do that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a HTC Mogul... I'm my opinion is better than the Touch just because of the slide out qwerty keyboard ;D

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Rob - I still have the cherry chocolate. I don't know if the screen and the speaker electronics are on the same circuit board, but you are welcome to it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Avenger,

My wife/girlfriend/SO works for an independent telus dealer here in Kingston and suggests that if you need to go with a new phone, to look at the Shine by LG. According to her, all the HTC's seem to have problems with powering off. Since you're going to stay with Telus she says that the Shine has not had any durability issues and while a little expensive, are worth it, and your best bet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey Avenger,

My wife/girlfriend/SO works for an independent telus dealer here in Kingston and suggests that if you need to go with a new phone, to look at the Shine by LG. According to her, all the HTC's seem to have problems with powering off. Since you're going to stay with Telus she says that the Shine has not had any durability issues and while a little expensive, are worth it, and your best bet.
LG Shine KE970 is a nice looking phone (Pic below). Those HTC problems that he mentions... I haven't had a problem with mine powering off or any so far (Had it since july last year)

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Depending on whos working at the verizon store, b/c any of them CAN switch out a phone for $50 for any reason... most of of the techs don't b/c they are Assholes!!! I know this to be true b/c my buddy from high school is a tech at one of the local verizon stores where i live...

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have an HTC Touch and its pretty amazing piece of equipment. It definitely takes some getting used too since its a full touch screen, I havent had a single problem and I love everything it does, except the internet technology is a bit slow but thats only if you want internet on it. I have also messed with my brothers Iphone and actually wish I wouldve dished the extra hundred to get it just because there are more "fun" applications where as the Touch is less popular so accessories and model-specific programs are a bit more rare to find

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have an HTC Touch and its pretty amazing piece of equipment. It definitely takes some getting used too since its a full touch screen, I havent had a single problem and I love everything it does, except the internet technology is a bit slow but thats only if you want internet on it. I have also messed with my brothers Iphone and actually wish I wouldve dished the extra hundred to get it just because there are more "fun" applications where as the Touch is less popular so accessories and model-specific programs are a bit more rare to find
What program do you use for internet? Internet Explorer or other programs like Opera Mini ?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LG Shine KE970 is a nice looking phone (Pic below). Those HTC problems that he mentions... I haven't had a problem with mine powering off or any so far (Had it since july last year)
I THINK that version of the Shine is GSM only :(

Looking at a Samsung M520

only question is.......can I use this Sprint phone on Telus' network?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to hear that Rob. I guess mine was no help.
As soon as I get my new one, I'm gonna tear mine apart and see if I can get you a working phone that I can send back to you!!!

Rob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts