1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
in my area, that car books for appox $6700 trade in value, so dosent seem like a bad price. Did you try looking at KBB for the appox value?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't do it.

Stumbled upon a loaded 2003 Sonata LX with 63K on it for about the same cost. Just have to replace the timing belt now, as their recommendation is 60K... Anyone ever ripped into a Hyundai? I have given the US market 90% of my business in my 30 year driving history, so my guilt level is at a minimum, but I had to try this Hyundai to see what all the hype is about. Seems pretty tight. Wife will be driving is 50 miles/day to/from nursing school. Time will tell. Plus, if I want to work on a car, my daughter's getting the Concorde (which just hit 140K last week!). I think it just may take her through college...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Stumbled upon a loaded 2003 Sonata LX with 63K on it for about the same cost. Just have to replace the timing belt now, as their recommendation is 60K... Anyone ever ripped into a Hyundai? I have given the US market 90% of my business in my 30 year driving history, so my guilt level is at a minimum, but I had to try this Hyundai to see what all the hype is about. Seems pretty tight. Wife will be driving is 50 miles/day to/from nursing school. Time will tell. Plus, if I want to work on a car, my daughter's getting the Concorde (which just hit 140K last week!). I think it just may take her through college...
Get a warranty. That car is almost 5 years old. It's the main selliing point of the car when it's new....So I would get an extended.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Main selling point.

After my (considerable) research on these cars, I'm thinking the main selling point is that they are well made cars, that also have a great warranty. That said, I am getting an extended warranty info mailed to me this week... I've gone through all the service manual info, and they are actually very well put together. And, I don't know what these Koreans were thinking, but they put the oil filter right where I can actully easily reach it!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
After my (considerable) research on these cars, I'm thinking the main selling point is that they are well made cars, that also have a great warranty. That said, I am getting an extended warranty info mailed to me this week... I've gone through all the service manual info, and they are actually very well put together. And, I don't know what these Koreans were thinking, but they put the oil filter right where I can actully easily reach it!
Kia and Hyundai are now the same company (Hyundai being the mother company), but in 98', they were some garbage'. They' ve come a long, long way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hopefully safe.

The 2003 car rates really well (Consumer Reports, JD Power, Car & Driver). I just can't find a Chilton type manual for 2003. You'll hate me, but I had to go for it over the 300M though... 19K less miles, 2 years newer,great engine/drivetrain.. Why do I feel guilty???

I wonder if I can flush the tranny by pulling the trans cooler hose, while adding fluid like on our cars? Wouldn't that work on all cars?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts