DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '02 Intrepid and I want to buy new rims. I need to know how big I can go without problems, I want 20's. Also I need specs, not sure what I'm supposed to look for while I'm shopping. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 17x9s that I have are close to rubbing everything. Stock on my R/T was 17x7. You might be able to get by with 20s if you keep it at 7. When I have my trailer hooked up and people in the back seat, my rear wheels rub the fender wells. My tires stick out looking like a stock car. The Detroit's I have didn't fit the hubs and they wanted to install spacers to compensate for it. I wanted to discuss other options but they decided to use a die grinder to the centers of the rims. I can't get them to balance at all now.

I thought they had a more precise way of enlarging the hole (like using a hone or lathe) to allow removing just enough material for the rim to fit. What a hack job. I understand why the place went out of business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.