DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a 300m special body harness, heated seats and all 300m special door harnesses, Evic with psi and 300m special mirrors
The problem I am having is with the easy exit and mirror down functions, it will not allow me to change them to yes everything else works including the settings for memory on the seat positions 1 & 2.
what I have tried so far is change out memory module in seat, change out different heated seats and different BCM.

any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,557 Posts
What year/model/trim level did you install all this stuff on?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed it on a 2002 Dodge intrepid R/T
Everything works except I can not change the easy exit seat and mirrors down functions from no to yes and I can not figure out why?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,557 Posts
Sounds like you don't have a "Premium" BCM in there. Or you have a wiring issue of some sort. I'm sticking with the former.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi!

One geeky thing you may try... Get an ELM327 (USB or Bluetooth), and talk to the BCM using AT commands...
I tried this on my own 300M but it didn't work. However I don't have the Special wiring (and OTIS, not EVIC) so I was stuck..

I developped a software which could send the commands to the ELM327, I may still have it if you want to give it a try ;)

Edit: found the software! Here it is: download here
It's an executable file, needs Microsoft .Net 3.5 I think. No virus, I promise ;)

·
Woober Goobers!
49,557 Posts
What's the part # on the BCM?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is a 2002 it has if I am not mistaken a different bcm than the 2000, What problem are you having Primetime, My only problems is the easy exit and the mirror tilt will not engage (yes) everything else works including the 1 and 2 memory positions

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funny you said that.
That is also what I was just thinking, I may try taking the one in my concorde and do a switch to see if that works
If that works there is a 300m special at the yard with a good seat memory

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Success, it is the seat memory module under the seat, now just to go to the yard and get the one off of the 300m special

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
REMI, I am not that familiar with what needs to go into a 2000.
I knew on my 2002 that it was set up for basically what I wanted to do.
My suggestions are look around this site there are a lot of helpful blogs on here.
Also what is it that you actually want to accomplish, Is it just putting in an Evic?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi,

I don't specially want to put an EVIC... I know I could replace my OTIS easily tho.
However, I'd like to enable easy exit, and mirror down functions... That's why I tried to develop the program I posted a few posts ago, it's supposed to send the correct commands to the BCM through the PCI bus on the OBD port but it didn't work on my first 1999 300M. I didn't try it on my new 2000 300M.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi,

So saying I have a 2000 300M, OTIS, 1 and 2 memory seats... I'd need an EVIC, a new seat controller, and maybe (depending on the part number) a new BCM ? Maybe wiring too ?
In order to get those features working, you'll need a 2001+ BCM, which has different wiring than 1998-2000 BCMs. It'll be a lot of electrical work :(

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
In order to get those features working, you'll need a 2001+ BCM, which has different wiring than 1998-2000 BCMs. It'll be a lot of electrical work :(
Plus, since the reading of the ambient temp. sensor moved from the BCM to the PCM in '00, the system would be missing that info. and wouldn't be happy unless you also changed the PCM to 2001. Sounds like it would be a can of worms. There may be other wiring differences too. Would a piggyback BCM be do-able for those features?

·
Registered
560 Posts
You mean install a second BCM that's only connected to the memory seats and mirrors? I don't know if having two BCMs on the PCI bus would cause problems or not, and you'd definitely need the bus connection for those features to work. I looked through the connector pinouts for the Memory Heated Seat/Mirror Module in the '02 FSM, and I don't see a separate reverse feed (like there is on the autodim rearview mirrors), so the mirror down needs the bus. And for the memory seats to work ... well this is what the '02 FSM says (MSM = Memory Seat Module):

The MSM receives messages over the PCI data bus from the Body Control Module (BCM) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (vehicle speed status). The programming in the MSM allows it to process the information from these inputs and send control outputs to each of the driver side power seat motors. The MSM will prevent the seat memory recall function from being initiated if the driver side seat belt is buckled, if the transmission gear selector lever is not in the Park or Neutral positions, or if the vehicle is moving.​

·
Registered
560 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to install a diode on the PCI bus wire to allow the second BCM to receive incoming signals, but block any outgoing signals?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts