DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from people who have made the "L-intake". I haven't been able to find a place locally to purchase the aluminum tube (at least not at a good price). Would some (or all) of you list the name of the store and city/state where you purchased the tube. That way I can check the web or even see about mail order to get this (if you have a web dealer great, please let me know). Also, let me know what kind of aluminum tube you got (t-306,t-6061...) or if you don't know then how about the wall thickness (gauge). Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave

·
Registered
138 Posts
Another question.

The L Intake Construction How To talks about 89mm and 114mm band clamps. That converts to 3.5" and 4.5" respectively. The L Intake Install How To talks about 3.5" and 4" band clamps.

I'm interested in ordering the T-bolt clamps from Innovative Turbos along with the nitrile parts, but they only go up to 4" in size. I'm assuming 4" is large enough to secure the intake to the TB and airbox. After all, the nitrile parts are 3" diameter. Do they stretch that much? Can someone please confirm?

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Rick W ]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rick W - if you get your intake finished i would be really interested in seeing the finsihed product. I work in your neck of the woods, maybe we could set it up. :cool:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
remember that the nitrile is 3" ID, not OD

I used regular 4" screw-type stainless clamps, they did work fine, was looking at the t-bolts but didn't think they were worth the price

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: joekd ]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jman '01 ES........Not a problem. I just finished ordering the nitrile parts as well as the t-bolt clamps from Innovative Turbo. The next step is finding the aluminum. Te rest seems relatively straight forward.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Barrie to VA ? Nice move. Barrie is growing so fast you wouldn't recognise the place. :cool:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Isn't Barrie like the #1 expansion city in Canada right now??? I think I heard that somewhere???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quite honestly I think Richmond Hill is the fastest growing municipality in canada, if not ontario. Or maybe Makham.

I really miss going up to lake simco in the summer, great bike track (thinks back to highschool sweetheart).

My dad still lives in richmond hill, but I went to school in Aurora (Newmarket's shadow).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Barrie is the fastest growing city in Canada right now. We are well over the 110,000 people mark. The current stat is that 4 new familys move to the city each day! Both Chrysler dealers are owned by the same family so if I have a problem with them I will likely be down to Aurora or New Market for service. Why VA ? :cool:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wow 4 familys a day eh? thats crazy ****, down here in London things are kind of slow, there was nothing for a few years and there is now one new subdivision going in now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I sourced the aluminum pipe today at Metal Supermarket. There's even a store here in Brampton. Here's the best part - $6/ft. :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow that is a great price. Almost free in American money.

BLKBUTE I am in London a fair bit we should try to hook up for a photo. My car is almost identical to yours. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts