DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girlfriends car has a weird porblem, first the tranny coolent line breaks at the rad. part were the fitting goes in. so we pulled it out and fix it. we put it back together and try to start it, now the car backfires and ticks. i dont get it because the motor ran fine when we turned it off. is the a plug were missing to plug in some where to do that, im clueless, please help thanks

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ive replaced a rad before and the tranny has 2 lines that go to the rad cooler.

If those broke off(which sounds kinda odd) then they may need new fittings.

Does it tick in drive or park??

Im not sure how the 2,0L works, if its variable camshaft then that may be a problem as well. I know any odd or rough idle can be usually be attributed to a problem with the timing belt. However since u said it was just running fine then its really strange that the motor would be acting up, the tranny maybe but not the motor.

I hope others can help u more.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I would be checking all connections to the sensors first and then go from there. You didn't pull any of the wires from the coil pack did you?

If the MIL is on are there any codes being thrown?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your guys help, her dad found both problems.first was a vaccum leak, very small and there was quite some air into the system when we took it apart, and we reconnected and checked all the wires and plugs,seems to be working now. thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts