DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ...................................... I haven't been on the site as much as I used to, but I have run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out. I found the information in the knowledge base on how to change my front seat bolts and followed the instructions. But when I went to re-install my front seat I was able to tighten the front bolts, but I can't seem to get the seat forward enough to access the holes for the rear bolts. I have tried everything that I can think of to fix the problem but I guess I am fighting a losing battle.

Has anyone out there run into this difficulty themselves and was able to solve the problem? I would appreciate any help or suggestions that you may possibly have.

Thanks for the help.

Ron.

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
I've never had that issue, have you tried pushing the chair forward while someone pushes the button?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
As in, the bolts holding the seats into the car? Or some of the bolts on the seat itself?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is something binding in the seat, something in the track? All the way forward the rear bolts should be completely visible.
When I removed the seat from the car, to change the bolts in the seat a paper clip dropped into the track and stopped it from moving forward and back properly. I completely removed the seat again and used a fine magnet to go over the tracks until I found the problem. I have since reinstalled everything and it works fine.

Why I didn't find it the other two times that I removed the seat is beyond me......

Thanks for all the input..

Ron.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts