DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a dark green '98 SE and on the 98s they didn't put "SE" behind the rear window, and it just looks too plain there w/o anything. I was thinking about getting a ram head decal to put there, but am not sure on the color. At first i was thinking white, but i think it would stick out too much and look tacky, especially after i get the windows tinted. I would go with green, but I dont think I can match the car color exactly, and if its off it will look tacky too. So I was wondering what everyone thought of a black decal? I know the background surface is black too, but its faded a little bit, and the decal would have more of a glossy finish. It probably wont be visible from far away, but i think it would be a nice subtle change. Anyone got their 2cents for me?

I was also thinking of getting 2 smaller decals to put on the front side of the mirrors. I'm not sure how well it would fit the contour of the mirrors though.

~JGarrett98

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Something I had mentioned before is the 2.7L emblem from either the 2.7 Stratus or the 2.7 Audi. They are both sharp looking amblems that I think would look great on the rear sail panel of the door.

There's my .02 :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
What about a tan or a beige decal? I think both those colors would blend better with green than a white decal would.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm going to try the black decals and see how that works. Our county fair is next week, and there is always a guy there who will make decals cheap so I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
why not just swap out the rear door panel there and get the ones that say SE or something, i can't imagine they cost that much. maybe they are the same size?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Greetings all you happy people... Why not buy the SE decal from the current 2K1's that are on the door panels?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Now I forgot who did it, but someone here bought the R/T lettering from a dealer and put it behind the back window. I'm sur eyou could just get the SE lettering, too :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because if I did that then it would be exactly like every other Intrepid, and I like be to different.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After looking around for what the Dodge Stratus 2.7 Badge looks like. I must say, I like the looks, and would look good where the SE currently sits on the 2001's

·
Registered
973 Posts
Intrepid98 - that was mine that you saw. If you look at the 2nd gen photos under DKR there is one of the R/T on the black area on the door. It just looked too boring when it was all black. I also added a large R/T after the Intrepid on the trunk, and a 3.5 Magnum on the doors above the Dodge R/T.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts