DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Or you could save the $285 and plug your turntable into your home receiver's phono input, and use an RCA to 1/8th inch convertor to output the receiver's sound into your computer.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I have my Sirius / turntable / cassette / vhs / whatever hooked to my receiver. The out from the receiver goes to my computer. Then I use Windows Media Encoder to digitize into wmv format. It doesn't do any editing but the quality of the raw digitizing is awesome. All you need is a sound editor that works with wmv to clean up the beginning and end.

With the VHS, I have the option of just doing audio such as some awesome bootlegs I have or using the video out from the receiver and encoding the video and audio into wmv.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is also this little gadget called "dazzle" you can buy at "best buy". There are two versions one for audio and the other for vhs I believe. You can digitize audio cassetes or vhs tapes by simply plugging dazzle into your pc(via usb) and plugging in the audio or video cables into "dazzle". It costs around 70 bucks but it's worth it.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
ShadowWolf said:
There is also this little gadget called "dazzle" you can buy at "best buy". There are two versions one for audio and the other for vhs I believe. You can digitize audio cassetes or vhs tapes by simply plugging dazzle into your pc(via usb) and plugging in the audio or video cables into "dazzle". It costs around 70 bucks but it's worth it.
We had one of those....tried to use it to convert camcorder tapes into DVD....COMPLETE GARBAGE...the software was substandard, poor interface, it CRASHED ALL THE TIME....we ended up throwing it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts