DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.
I've been thinking about selling my car for a while, when the engine "blew up" and i had to replace it and paid a grand for another one, installed.
I had thoughts about just getting another car and getting rid of it, but my dad talked me into just keeping it and it's probably cheaper to get an engine swap, and I did it in fact.

now it's almost a year later, and i feel the tranny is going bye bye soon, actually i've been feeling it for the past year and a half, i did change the transmision oil and filter and what not, and i don't think that helped at all.

I'm thinking now of getting a new car, i really would love to stay in the Dodge family and get an R/T either the trep or the Stratus.
it's really hard to find those R/T's online or in papers, what are your suggestions guys?
and what should i do with my trep? sell it? trade it in?

i'm probably going to get something for around 7 or 8 grand, but i'll have to do payments.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm sure you can find something. I love the Stratus R/T coupes (Mitsu Eclipse).

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not a big fan of eclipse's in general... but R/T stratus by far look a lot better and they own.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
there's a couple stratus R/T sedans at a dealership up here in RI, there's always a couple scattered Intrepid R/T's for sale up here as well. I can usually hunt down a motorsports edition around here as well.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Don't think you'll find a Stratus or Intrepid R/T for 7 or 8 grand.... not in any good shape that is. The Stratus' will probably cost more also...being newer cars.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
I'll sell my R/T for $14K. Wait that's double your price range...sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts