DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my air box off today (97 3.5L) only to find on good air source and not much space. There is a large grey metal box with 2 large electrical plugs on top of it....has anyone done, or know how to move it slightly to make more space? Also there is a large metal bracket holding the previously mentioned box and what I think is an evap canister below it...can I remove/modify this bracket to let more air past it and possibly move the evap canister as well???

I want to get a big filter down at least a few inches lower with lots of space for air to get to it but aren't sure how others have done it before.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
the first thing you're referring to is the PCM, there are members who have moved the PCM and EVAP around to make a cold-air intake, I believe Ryan has that set-up if I;m not mistaken

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Apcsox said:
the first thing you're referring to is the PCM, there are members who have moved the PCM and EVAP around to make a cold-air intake, I believe Ryan has that set-up if I;m not mistaken
Indeed I do.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Take out the metal bracket holding the evap canister and ecu, then mount them to the frame rail or to the fender, wherever you wanna put them to get them outta the way. Then run your intake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts