DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ES. The factory amp blew on me when the battery connector was loose and I tried to start the car. All the pairs of speakers (except the passenger rear speaker) are popping and crackeling when the stereo is turned on regardless of volume level. I removed one of the front door speakers and tested it to make sure the speaker wasn't the problem. I also removed the head unit and tested it to make sure it wasn't the problem. Therefore, it must be the amp. I have removed the amp and I either need to replace it with another factory amp or an aftermarket one.

Can anyone help me locate an oem amp for a 2000 intrepid? Or could you make a suggestion about how to get back up and running now that I have pulled the amp out?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you tried any local junkyards? it may be a long shot, but it's something i'd try. if you get lucky you'll probably be able to replace it dirt cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
not off hand, myself.

you could also try shopping around the classifieds here and on other car audio forums. i can easily see someone willing to get rid of theirs cheap (or maybe even free) if they've installed a complete aftermarket system.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Which amp do you have? I have the infinity amp and the midline amp for sale. The infinity for $100, and I was selling the midline with all the speakers, so I'd have to think of a price to sell it seperately.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
How exactly did you test the speakers? It's rare to blow an amplifier like that, especially how you describe. If the amp is blown it will depend what system you have as to which amp you need...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dbaudiopro said:
How exactly did you test the speakers? It's rare to blow an amplifier like that, especially how you describe. If the amp is blown it will depend what system you have as to which amp you need...
I pulled the door speakers out and hooked them up to a different stereo. They worked fine.

I just found out that my system is not an Infinity system. I know that the Infinity speakers are 2ohm and I would need the Chrysler/Infinity amp to make things work properly without replacing the speakers too. However does anyone know what the ohm rating of the normal Chrysler speakers is? Or, how could I test the ohm rating?
Also, will the Infinity amp work with the non-Infinity speakers?

·
Registered
291 Posts
StrangeIntrepid said:
I pulled the door speakers out and hooked them up to a different stereo. They worked fine.

I just found out that my system is not an Infinity system. I know that the Infinity speakers are 2ohm and I would need the Chrysler/Infinity amp to make things work properly without replacing the speakers too. However does anyone know what the ohm rating of the normal Chrysler speakers is? Or, how could I test the ohm rating?
Also, will the Infinity amp work with the non-Infinity speakers?
You have the midline system... the speakers are 4 ohm. The infinity amp will not work with those speakers. I have a midline amp, so if you're interested PM me.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,298 Posts
Way to go! The last post that you replied to was from Oct 2004!

·
Registered
10 Posts
1998 to 2004 should interchange.
Can someone confirm this? We'll be checking a 2000 Intrepid soon right after we finished installing the brake kit and tis wheels on the current truck project. The old couple owner said it originally belongs to their eldest son and messed up a couple of wiring including the sound system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts