DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I want to move a huge amount of data (i.e in gigs) from one remote server to another remote server.And i don't have telnet access.
Moreover i don't want to stay connected to internet all the time while the transfer is takin place.
Does anybody know a tool that can be useful to me ??
Any help in this regard would be sincerly appreciated..
Eagerly awaiting u r response

Thanks/Regards
Techie.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
try getting some FTP/FXP software, u can transfer files from one remote to another as long as they both run FTP. only caveat, u need to be online for the transfers, BUt it doesnt kill YOUR bandwidth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanx for replyin guys.
Anyways,i got the solution searchin the net,here it is, maybe it's of use to u guys.It'a cool one. http://www.ftpy-ah.com is the site which enables you to transfer files between 2 remote servers directly. I did use it & to my amazement that one can transfer 3 mbs in less than 11 secs.
The unique feature of this Ftpy-ah that i found is that ,here i quote their site "you can fire commands and go away & yet ur commands will be processed"
This feature helps a lot i just select multiple files at a time click on upload/download and log off. And my work is done for me with out me staying online on a 56kbps modem all the while.
Byeeee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts