DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a cheap video capture tool. I have VCR tapes that I want to convert to AVI format. Looking for whatever I need to do this. I don't want to spend a fortune.

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I recently bought an ATI TV Wonder VE so I can record television programs, and record from my analog camcorder.

It works great, and for $50, its a steal. Plus, it will allow you dump in raw .avi format which enables you to get the highest quality. That is if your computer can handle it. :)

Remember: Raw .avi = about 8MB per second.

Oh! The VE doesn't have a stereo mode, so if you want stereo, this is the one you need:

ATI TV Wonder Exactly the same as the TV Wonder VE except for the fact that it can capture stereo.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would need very basic quality.... these videos will go on the future website. Im gonna upload some classic DjPiLL DJing videos from like 8 years back. ;)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
DjPiLL said:
I would need very basic quality.... these videos will go on the future website. Im gonna upload some classic DjPiLL DJing videos from like 8 years back. ;)
Well, the card will capture in almost any resolution you can imagine. From 160x120 right up to full screen, and from as low as 400k/sec up wards to insame amounts. :) Plus, if you download the free software upgrade from ATI you can capture in .avi, mpg1 mpg2, and .wmv.

Pretty cool actually, if you want to see a little snippet at the lowest setting I have a dumb little 8 second video I put together of my boy Mikey advocating toga parties. :) It is located here.

Joe, it is simple. You simply plug the device you want to record from in, using standard RCA cables, press play on the VCR, camcorder or whatever and hit record on the program. :)

Here is a screen shot of the capture setting and custom setting screens.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LHSer yeah but does that capture audio as well?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
yes Matt, I understand how to work the video-in portion of my GE4 VIVO card, I was just saying how much easier it is to plug the Dazzle into your USB port

another advantage is the fact that you can use the Dazzle on any of your PCs or laptops

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
DjPiLL said:
LHSer yeah but does that capture audio as well?
Yes it does, stereo, mono and any frequency you want. The only drawback is that it doens't come with any video editing software. Which really isn't a problem considering Kazaa. ;)

Joe, the Dazzle is great, I gave it serious consideration before I bought what I did. My reason for not buying it is that you are limited in what screen size and format you can capture audio/video in. Only 352x240 and in .avi format for most of Dazzle's devices. To get any better DjPiLL would need to buy the Digital Video Creator 100, and that thing is $169.99!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts