DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a 64 meg video card for a 2nd computer. It's running a 900 Athlon on a ASUS K7V Mainboard, with 512 pc133 RAM. I'm considering the ASUS V7700.

Any suggestions :confused:

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: RapidTransit ]

·
Registered
47 Posts
How much do you want to spend?

3D gaming important, or more for 2D business apps and web surfing?

For 3D - the 7700 isn't bad at all. Or a Radeon board.

For 2D, go Matrox G450 or 550.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
theres always a GEforce2 MX 64MB under 100 bux

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can't go wrong with any GeForce 2 or GeForce 3 cards whether they be of the MX, Standard, or TI variety. The prices will range from $70-$350 and - in general with these cards - the more you spend the more eye candy you get.

Don't need gobs of eye candy? Get a Geforce 2 MX.

Need gobs of eye candy? Only look at the GeForce 3 line (except the Ti200).

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have a geforce 256 ddr in one box, and I just bought a Geforce3 (visiontek), love em both, but the Gf3 everything is crisp, and FAST!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StratusCaster - I'll mostly be playing games, using digital photography apps and web surfing. I don't normally use the computer for work. I'd like to stay under $200. Geforce2 sounds good, but I've seen them with quite a price range. A friend suggested the ASUS v7700, and said that it should work well with the ASUS mainboard.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Originally posted by Thrasher:
theres always a GEforce2 MX 64MB under 100 bux
I am very happy with mine...As long as Quake 3 and Unreal work smoothly I am not to fussed :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Need to reactivate this topic. I am in the hunt for a 3d card. I want stuff like EA Sports games and Quake 3 to smoke. I would like to stay under the $150 range if possible. Can I get a geforce3 card for that? Someone on here said dont get the ti200. Whats wrong with that card?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
actually, Dj, the geforce3 ti200 is the best value in the GF3 Ti family. you can overclock it to run just as fast as the geforce3 ti500 which costs almost twice as much. it's solidly designed and blazing fast, even before overclocking. plus nvidia drivers are second to none that i've ever used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts