DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..my friend and i are in the process of installing a cone filter onto his 1993 Dodge Daytona..So we removed all of the hoses and stuff and then when we went to take off the stock air box we found a plug plugged into it...Now i have seen this plug before..its plugged into the K&N FIPK..right there on top and im pretty sure its on the j intake also..my question is.."what is it for" will the intake function correctly if this is not hooked up..We turned on the car with the cone attached and it started up fine..and man o man can you hear that air get sucked up into that cone..pretty cool...sounds like a turbo whining..so yea..do you think we are okay?

Also there were 2 pipes goin into the stock airbox...one from the engine and anotherone looked like it was piping air from the from of the car..like a ram air "i think" straight air goin into it..i have done my research and i just disconnected it..like everyone else did with there daytonas..

thanks for your help...wish us luck

C

·
0 Posts
Is it a electronical Plug (connection) or is it a hose that connects to the intake.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is just a reference picture

see that plug that is plugged into the FIPK...thats the same plug that is plugged into the stock airbox..but with just a cone attached there is nothing to plug that into..so is it okay for that not to be plugged in?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
i know what your talking about. ive ead on here were ppl just made a hole in the cone filter and stuck it in there. it works like that too. it just needs to read the air moving i believe

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thats cool..picture is up now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts