DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you are talking about the brake lines, how much did they say it would cost? I know that if you ordered them from summit it would cost less than the parts themselves. The parts together are $203.00 and the delivery for every single brake line altogether is $160.00.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Yeah. I was talking about the brake lines. So, your total cost from Summit is $210? And that's for all of the brake lines?

You might want to take a look at inlinetube.com, too; they list a complete set of lines for the 300M (which should be identical to the Trep) @ $180 + $19 shipping + 14 sales tax)

That'll save us both an eight hour drive.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,643 Posts
Yeah. I was talking about the brake lines. So, your total cost from Summit is $210? And that's for all of the brake lines?

You might want to take a look at inlinetube.com, too; they list a complete set of lines for the 300M (which should be identical to the Trep) @ $180 + $19 shipping + 14 sales tax)

That'll save us both an eight hour drive.
Nice! For $40 more you can get the set in stainless steel.

Although that's an ABS with Traction Control set and the OP doesn't have ABS. Still a lot of the lines will fit and still be cheaper than buying individual OEM if you can find them.

Reactions: 2004IntrepidV6SXT

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
From the pictures it doesn't look like they will fit. Which is strange because they are supposed to be compatible with each other. I will do some matching between the one from Summit and the one from Inline.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,643 Posts
If you're going by pictures for comparison you're probably wasting your time. Many stock photos used by sellers aren't even of the actual product they're selling.

Also inlinetubing states the kits are for all the METAL lines. There are some that are metal/rubber combo that wouldn't be included in their kit. And from the look of the kit pictures some of the longer lines are bent back on themselves which is probably to save on shipping.

What lines are you talking about in your post #42/43? How many lines are you talking about in the order. What's the cost of those lines alone. What's the shipping cost? And finally what's the total cost? As in parts+shipping=total?

Reactions: 2004IntrepidV6SXT

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I was talking about only the rear lines. I was going to order 5 lines. 04779256AB costs $81, 04779748 and 04779749costs $26, 05083038AA costs $115, and 05083039AA costs $88. The shipping cost is $202.31. The cost of the parts altogether is $335.95. The cost of shipping plus tax and parts is $538.26. That is from Summit.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,643 Posts
You can't get a better price than $538.26 from your local dealer? No shipping involved!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well I actually, haven't gotten around to calling them. However, since I am going to do it next summer. Its not really my biggest concern. I as of now am trying to build my tool collection. This forum has been really useful for me. I learned some pretty cool things that I didn't know about before.

The car isn't in my name and its in the name of my Dad. I talked to him about it and he said that he would worry about it next year when he's ready. However, the car will be given to me when it is done.

There isn't any point of asking the dealer about the cost now. If I'm not going to change the brakes this winter. Plus depending on what 2021 looks like, they might change their prices.

Sorry, for wasting everyone's time.

·
Premium Member
17,029 Posts
The system could deplete the inventory of the parts in a year too. Roll of the dice no matter which way you go. I can also see not tying up your money for a year if you're not ready to install them yet.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,643 Posts
They could also be out of stock or discontinued or price hike at Summit or other online dealers(using the same stock/inventory as your local dealer) a year from now.

Everyone was going under the assumption that you needed these parts now and not maybe a year from now or later! Thanks for letting us know that at the end!

At least you have the correct part numbers and some possible sources for the lines. Hopefully they'll be in stock somewhere a year from now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for understanding! I will definitely take what you guys said in consideration. I will plan my next steps concerning the brake lines with your suggestions in mind. As for now, I will try and see what good prices they have for tools after Black Friday. I will make sure to speak to my Dad about this. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

This is the site I used when i went for brake lines. Prices seem about the same. I used them on a 2000 Dodge Intrepid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yeah, I looked at that site and they said they had free shipping on items over $99.00. I was hoping that someone had used it so I know if they are a reliable website.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I replaced all of mine. Only bought 1 pre-bent line. The rest my son and I bent using nicopp line...very rewarding. Had to buy tools of course. Mastercool 71475 and nicopp for the win. All parts were less than $200. Rock hard pedal now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m a bit confused. Are we trying to suggest cheaper alternatives, or are we discussing the replacement of OEM pre-bent brake lines from Mopar, made in USA....? Anyone who’s done this job with OEM brake lines knows it isn’t cheap.

I just bought 2 complete sets of pre-bent Mopar brake lines this month for $857 total. One set is going on an ‘02 Intrepid ES, the other on an ‘02 300M Special. I got them online through an online dealer’s website (MyMoparParts.com) for about a hundred bucks less than what I was quoted from my local dealer, who supposedly was not charging me for shipping. Just my advice: if you want brake lines that will last another 15-20 years like the originals, replace with OEM and be done with it. It isn’t cheap, though—for a complete set of pre-bent brake lines you’re looking at about $450-500, depending on whether you order direct from your local dealer or decide to save the $50-100 by ordering online and waiting for the parts to arrive in the mail.

Also for anyone wondering, the following pre-bent lines should fit any 98-04 LH car (with ABS):

Left front - 4779749
Right front - 4779748
Left rear - 5083039aa
Right rear - 5083038aa
Master cylinder tube bundle - 4779065ab

I replaced all the brake lines on my ‘98 Intrepid ES a year ago with these same parts which were basically an exact fit. The only discrepancy was the right rear line, which after routing was almost a foot longer than necessary so we cut the line a foot short and re-flared the brake line fitting to size. It’s not a fun job, but it is totally doable underneath the car on jack stands.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts