1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the run down-
i got 2 15" neo-blue streetglow accent neons
heres the question:
EXACTLY what do i do to get them both hooked up permanetly under the dash (by your feet)including a switch (in the ash tray possibly) what are the possible power hook-ups to use to tap into? and if i tap into the cigarette lighter will i still be able to use the lighter part? thanks :confused:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i went to pimped3point3's how-to and i understand it all except for if i am supposed to have any fuses anywhere or what and if not all i got to do it get some wire and like hook it to the battery somehow and thats it?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
nope, no fuses...i tied mine into the power wire to the cigarette lighter. that saves from running wire through the firewall :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did you "tie it in" ? ddi you just like slice some off the insulation off the cable and wrap the cable from the neon switch to it and secure with tape? did you take off the console to do it or what(if you did could you please tell me how?) It seems hard to get in there to do stuff.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
theres these things you can get at Radioshack that will make it easy. they are called wire taps i think. its like a little clip with a piece of metal in it that will splice into 2 wires and connect them. Go there and ask the guy, tell him what you want to do and im sure he'll know what im talking about.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey everybody thanks for all the very quick help , one more thing though did you have to take the center console or any plastic pieces out for it to be able to work
?
thanks again for all the quick help

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
nope...didnt have to take anything off. any wires i hid under the dash with zip ties

·
Registered
587 Posts
I removed the middle console, under where the gear shifter is. It's pretty easy..made it nice and easy to get all the wires in there and stuff. And how about a couple toggle switches just underneath the cup holders, behind the shifter? I have all my switches there and it looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i get the rear of the console loosened but then it gets stuck on the front i think, what should i do to get it undone
? i also put a res switch in the ash tray for my neons
its cool

·
Registered
587 Posts
If I remember correctly, its held in by those metal fastener things. Just pull it straight up if you can, and it SHOULD pop off. Mine did anyways..If it doesn't come off with a few tugs, you might want to check in a Haynes book just in case...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts