DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the neon lights inside the cars that I have seen. I'm thinking of possibly doing something like that as well.

I was just curious how you mounted these (mainly under the seats), and wired them. Also, where you bought the neon tubes, and how you turn them on and off.

Any info would be appreciated. :)

I've never done anything like this before and would like to do more mods to my car myself this time, rather than paying someone else to do it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, Ive got the neon under car kit, I do know a bit about the ones you want for under the seat. it comes with the hardware to bolt it down, most of them work off of the cigarette lighter, but you can rewire it so that it just picks up off of a 12V wire under the dash. and Im not too sure about switches, I think you just plug it in the lighter and go, but if you are going to change it over to power from under the dash then you can pick up a switch and splice it in. Its real easy ****.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
for mounting the switch for my neons, I ran the wire through the firewall by the brake pedel, and ran it up through the console, and I removed the ash tray light, and thats where my switch pops through, it looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok I've been busy as all hell and haven't had time to do anyting but labs, work and an occasional football game. If you are going for neon under the seats use 15" ones. You need to measure though... they could be listed as 10, 15, or 18. That is 15 inches from end to end, not the tube itself. I mounted a switch on the side of my console on the passanger side. you can see it glowing in the pics on here. I ran my power to the fuse box under the hood where the battery power hooks in. If i ever get my damn digital camera i can take some pics. I also ran an inline fuse... 20 amp i think.. you might be able to get away with lower. my ground is behind the plastic plate on the floor, passanger side, where their right foot would be. just drilled a hole in the metal there. Besides that just run a little bit of wire between the switch, ground, battery, and tubes and your set. I mounted them by drilling small holes through the seat attachments and using zip ties. fun stuff. When i do get my free digital cam i plan on making a simple how to on it since so many people ask about it. Maybe it could go on our how too page.. :) wouldn't that be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of their Neon equipped cars? I can't even imagine what you are talking about. If it involves spending money and it makes the car look better, rest assured I am all for it.

As always, any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ive just loaded up the camera today, Im going to take some pics tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I took the pics tonight. I should have the pics up early next week :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Cool i cant wait to see blckbute. I tried to take pics with the digital but they were bad. I have 2 color changing neons in the trunk. 4 black lights inside the car. and i have a under car kit 2 58 inches on the sides and 2 38 inches one in the back and front. i will try to take pics so you guys can see. :eek:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wow, those under car lights are long. They must light it up really nice, mine seem to come up a bit short on the sides. But it still works out good. I just hope that the pics turn out well, its not the easyest thing to take pics in the dark.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts