DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not a 'Trep but Dodge is bringing
out a turbo charged 215 HP Neon SRT. 0-60 in 5.9 seconds - loaded at 19,995 !!!

Can't wait to see one on the street - check out Auto.com to see pictures and info.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Yeah but not for nothing... I really do not like how the Neon looks. If they change the design... then im all for it. It looks like too much of a "girly" car for my taste. But hey, it can be a "girly" rice burner. :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I wonder if the production SRT will look like the concept. i posted pics of it a while back. It would be pretty cool if it looked like that minus the big spoiler.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yep, the crossfire will be released forsure, my aunt works for DC and she was saying that they are going to make it, I told her to send over any info if she gets any on the new treps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think it looks a little too much like the wrx, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
They need to make a version of it that looks just like the regular "plain jane" Neon. Now that would be a sleeper. That thing is "holy crap" fast.

According to this article (Neon SRT article)) It is the fastest production Dodge besides the Viper. Could you imagine a little Neon taking out an Intrepid R/T? Wow...and only $20K...I think I might have to look at getting a second car.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I just finally got around to reading that article on car-truck.com and seeing the pictures. Since i will be in the market for a new car after this baby comes out i might have to put some serious thought into this neon (never thought that day would come) :)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
That car was at the shows over one and a half years ago. They said it was just an exercise and they weren't going to produce it. I was extremely interested in it because my fiancee has a black 2000 Neon that I was going to retro-fit SRT parts to.

As for the Crossfire, if it is a 2003 model shouldn't they already be making it.
;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well Viprman, there is a mag you need to check out - Mopar Now! It is published by the same guys who do Mopar Action.

This month they cover a 2.0 to 2.4L swap in a Neon and also feature a turbo addition to the same car, I believe. I am not 100 % because I haven't finished the article yet.

The numbers, you ask?

The mag's cover boasts eleven seconds in the quarter mile!?!

Now THAT is one fast little econo-box!

My 2 cents on the SRT: I LIKE it! I may just buy one of those for myself to tool around in - or I could just build my own.

:D

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have a copy of one of the Mopar mags where the cover shows a 426 being droped into a first gen Neon. I also saw a guy down at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI with an all tube chasis first gen Neon drag car with a Hemi. He is there for every Mopar meet.

:)

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Viprman ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts