DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Well I'm starting to look into buying a lighting kit for my trep. I have concidered Street Glow Gold Series, but my fiancee's dad just got in the LED undercar kits.

I'm asking your opinions on these as friday, I'm going to either go buy them or order the street glow's... I haven't read much on the LED's because they are new but the kit is a LiteGlow kit with 2 - 48" tubes and 2 - 24" tubes... I've heard the LED kits are supposed to be able to with stand more and last longer, but I don't want some cheap and cheezy effect.

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Street Glow Neon Gold Series - 150+ shipping
LiteGlow Green LED Kit - 125

Thanks in advance,
Felix

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I haven't seen an LED kit in person, but I have trouble believing that it will cast the same kind of glow that a neon tube will. I would say connect the LED kit to a power source and see what it looks like. If you like it go for it, if not stick with the neon kit...

·
9,861 Posts
I haven't seen these either, but I would think they wouldn't work as good. LEDs are generally directional. Neon glows in all directions.

I would play it safe and go with the Gold Series. They have a great warrenty, if your worried about falure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See thats what I was thinking, but if you look at the LED's in the front of your case, put your hand infront of them, they give off a slight glow all around.... I'm thinking I'm going to go with the Street Glow, unless he can hook one up at the shop and show me how it would look..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, the discount he can give me is 125..... which is pretty good, about what you would pay online, but I don't have to pay shipping charges.... but the return warranty at the shop if you don't like the way it looks, too bad.. which blows even more... Its only 160 for the Gold Series so I think I'm going to go with that...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have a Gold Series under car kit.......it is blue and was plenty easy to install. Also VERY bright for neon, I've had a lot of compliments especially from those individuals who have the cheaper kits who always ask: "Dude, why is yours so much brighter than mine?" I love my kit, just make sure you tuck all of your neons up and out of the way of road hazards.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Not really, I placed them up against the rocker panel and screwed them up to the bottom of the body. I could probably take pics...... they just take a while :p

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
LED's will not provide the even glow like NEON. I purchased the LED kit for my trunk and hated it. Looked like a theatre run away in there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts