DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always I make my weekend pilgrimage to
our local Party store for beverage of choice... I took the Rental I have for the weekend just incase ;)

Well its a good job I did, On the way home (Chicago drive, 44th street light Warlord!) :) I got to the light next to a blue Neon with one of those stripes down the center which give you the 10hp... ;)

I was just the ass hole, I put the trep in neutral and reved... I rolled down my wondow and over the noise of his car I mouthed "Want a race?" and made dumb ass hand gestures.... He gave me a cofident yes!..... about 5 seconds later the light went green.... I really slammed this baby trep, he was also givin his neon a hammering... He kept up with me until 35-40mph hit and it was all over for him... I hit 70 and he was about 5 car lengths behind... we then got to another light and he turned off giving a friendly wave..

Good honest race with a guy who was a good sport.. Question, what different is there between a SE Trep and a Standard Trep, this trep is a 2001...

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
SE and a standard (or base) are the same thing. Prior to 2001 the base model Intrepid was just called "Intrepid"...after that they gave it the "SE" name.

But it ain't no slug...right? Good Kill!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intrepidaious.... Aaah thanks for solving my mystery there mate... Forgive me if I might offend some people here but I dont find if any speed difference from it and my Concorde..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, those damn Neons, they think that they are fast, but they are not. I could go for one with a turbo + intercooler on it though, does the 1/4 in 13, with slicks on.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warlord.. Yeah baby!!! :) Dont tell the cops ok :)

BlkBute... When the Neons are PROPERLY tuned out they really do fly, but stickers dont cut it ;)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
some joker over at moparchat.com told me the tale of how he beat a 99 intrepid es 3.2 in a stock neon. i called his bluff and then he told me about the hp/weight ratio being close and he being an "expert" at the 5 speed. said he wanted to race me sometime. i told him bring it on.

this guy also claims to have beaten a mustang 5.0 twice with a 95 3.5 trep. so by saying that he could beat me in practically the same car with a neon it seems like he is saying his neon could take out a 5.0. i hate moparchat.com. i love this forum, very few unbelieveable kills.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah, like onetime, at band camp, i was driving, and like, i pulled up to a lightm and like i look over,...and like, there was jeff burton! so i like raced him, and i like...made him go 7 laps down........my intrepid flew :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts