DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I never really realized how big the Intrepid was until I took a vacation back to the mainland and rented a Grand Am SE for 2 weeks. When I got back and got into my R/T for the 1st time it felt like a boat! I traded a Grand Voyager in for the R/T so it never really felt that big, until now.

Wish I had my R/T for the trip, we drove the Grand Am from NY to CA, and through half the states we had the cruise set at 85mph which was killing that little 4 cylinder Grand Am, it had no passing power left at 85mph! Would have been nice to have the power of the R/T and the room in the back seat for my 3 kids!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know the interior room is amazing, but outside it's a boat as well. It's longer than a Land Cruiser if you can believe that.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
barely fits in our garage when I park it in there. i always have to get out and check the clearance for the garage door before closing it, just to be on the safe side :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Speaking of the Grand Am, I really don't like the interior... nor the interior of the Grand Prix either. The Grand Am's gauge console looks like a pair of items found in the female anatomy, something I don't care to have in a car I drive... ;) And everything is too rounded.. I much prefer the sleek flowing lines in the Intrepid's interior.

As for the Grand Prix, the two tones of gray that make up the interior is kinda ugly, in my opinion. And the back end of the car is a joke... no class. Now the Intrepid's back end, however... that's sexy! ;) :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
To each his own. Sounds to me like you're upset because all you ever see of a Grand Prix is the back end... getting smaller and smaller.
:p :cool:

[ 03, 2001: Message edited by: 2KWK4U ]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey pal, maybe if it's a modified GTP!

I didnt care much for the interior of the Grand Am either, I hated the air vents on that thing, they were a pain in the butt to get aimed right where I wanted them. I like the styling of the Grand Prix's though, especially on the outside.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Hey speaking of a "Grand Prix" I like thoses cars, in fact I would have bought a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, if i didn't get my 2001 intrepid. B/C I was already approve for the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, when i went looking at a Intrepid ..... but i must say the 4 cyl grand am "SUCKS." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
My g/f has a 2000 Grand Am GT, the dash is hilarious in it...I always tell her it looks like a big 'ole butt.

hee hee... :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hey, 2QWK4U, have you seen the interior of the 40th GP? Beautiful! The (cranberry?) really looks good against the dash. Really brightens up the interior.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it... It's a little too flashy and typical Pontiac "gaudy" for my liking. To me it accentuates the cheapness of the plastic parts by making them stand out. I do like the exterior color, though. I believe they call it black cherry.

To me, though, it's all a lame rehash of this years "Special edition" with the half spoiler, multispoke wheels and NASCAR style "roof rails" (give me a break). Even the two tone interior is the same, just different colors.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That grand am steering wheel is way better than the one I rented. The cruise control buttons were kinda stuck on underneath the airbag portion of the steering wheel and totally interfered with drivers like me that like to put their hand through the bottom whole of the steering wheel when they're driving! They just looked like they were about to fall off too, so that steering wheel is a huge improvement.

·
Registered
299 Posts
black-cherry? LOL....check out my Trep "Black-Cherry First gen" hehehe

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
FYI, 2KWK4U, I pass more Grand Prix's on the highway than I get passed by. :D

Maybe that's because no one in Wisconsin knows how to drive, or maybe it's because the Grand Prix attracts more attention from the police. ;)

Either way I don't feel "blown away" by the Grand Prix. I could drive my car like that and pass everyone too, but I choose not to. :)

If, however, some idiot is not even driving the speed limit when driving conditions are perfect, that's when it's pedal-to-the-floor time. :D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
bboucher, they still use the steering wheel you are speaking of...my g/f's has the one with goofy cruise control buttons at the bottom. The above steering wheel is off a high level GT1...those are radio controls on the wheel. You can't see because the picture is cut off at the bottom, but those goofy cruise control buttons are still beneath the center of the steering wheel. And you are right, they are lame!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
not to diss your intrepid...

but if he's not even going the speed limit and you have to floor it to make a point...

did you leave the parking brake on?

j/k

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
LOL....well, you and I could get into the semantics of it all until hell freezes over, but that would be ridiculous.

"pedal-to-the-metal" simply means "it's time to pass". Nothing more, nothing less. :p :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
yeah, i'm just jackin around...if there's someone i want to rub it into about having a slow car i'll **** on my friend's 96 olds acheiva. now THAT is a slow POS.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya on that, 97 sport platinum. Not only is it slow, but it's ugly. :)

But, then again, the only GM car who's styling I liked was the 95-99 Olds Aurora (before they restyled it). :D

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
The last Generation Buick Riviera was a pretty sweet looking ride before they dumped it.

and of course, my personal fave...the 1988 Fiero GT...(slight bias towards these :) )

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Banned
439 Posts
I'm sure the last Generation Buick Riviera is a nice car, but to me it just looks like a giant penis-mobile.....but anyways, thats just how I see it....lolD :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts