DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just baught an '03 Intrepid SE. It has 48,000 miles on it and it
is really clean.

I'm happy to see an entire site dedicated to these cars.

I haven't done anything to it yet, but I am going to change all the fluids
and plugs this week.

Later

·
Registered
531 Posts
Matt_Q said:
Hi, I just baught an '03 Intrepid SE. It has 48,000 miles on it and it
is really clean.

I'm happy to see an entire site dedicated to these cars.

I haven't done anything to it yet, but I am going to change all the fluids
and plugs this week.

Later
Aren't the plugs supposed to be good for 100K in these cars? I wouldn't bother changing them now if there's no obvious problem. My 96 went 100K on the original plugs and didn't run any better with new ones.

One of the best things you can do is to download the whole service manual (two big Acrobat files) and the parts listing. This stuff is tremendously valuable, and free here for the downloading. Have you priced a complete factory service manual lately? How about one that you can search the text and has the subject areas linked? By all means, get yours now. Welcome.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indiana Intrep said:
Aren't the plugs supposed to be good for 100K in these cars? I wouldn't bother changing them now if there's no obvious problem. My 96 went 100K on the original plugs and didn't run any better with new ones.

One of the best things you can do is to download the whole service manual (two big Acrobat files) and the parts listing. This stuff is tremendously valuable, and free here for the downloading. Have you priced a complete factory service manual lately? How about one that you can search the text and has the subject areas linked? By all means, get yours now. Welcome.

Thanks for the tip. I decided to change the plugs because I can get an idea
of how the engine is running by the color of the plugs.

Once I have changed them to the plugs I like to run and I have seen how
the originals look, i'll leave them alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.