DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out my new 18" Drag-5 7 spoke gunmetal rims with 245/40/18R tires. These really do kick ass! Nothing but positive comments from friends and strangers. Let me know what you guys think, here are some pics for now. I'll get more pics up sometime tommorow taken in the daylight.

All locking chrome lugnuts baby! Sweet huh? The last pic you can't really see the rims, I just thought it was sweet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Those are awesome! You need to post a picture taken in the daylight though, so we can get a better look...
BTW: Big Improvement!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
95Intrepid33 said:
Now it's time to lower that *****, got too much wheel well showin!!!
Well originally I was going to get Eibach springs with KYB struts...... but I figured everything up for that with new spring mounts etc..... and it'd be close to $1000!! So I'm going to go get a air suspension kit (pre-fabbed bolt-on airstrubts) and I'll install it all myself since I know more about air suspension than regular suspension..... I gotta go wash my baby, so I can take more pics.... BUT I"LL HAVE THEM UP TODAY!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Lookin Good Jer! I have always liked the gunmetal finish.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here are some more pics, it's really hard to get the pics so they give my rims justice..... but I still haven't got it right. But you get the idea. ALSO notice NO badges or molding is left except for a hood badge.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
95Intrepid33 said:
Looks good !!! :) And yeah it looks better in the day.

And, have you noticed any difference in ride quality going to 18's?
It feels stiffer and more controlled but is by NO means harsh. I can see how 20+ would create a farely tough ride, but 18's aren't bad. If you guys didn't know the rear is lowered about 1.5" with spring clamps so there is minimal gap there but the front still has some..... oh well, airride will fix that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i was lookin at airbags 2day gonna cost like 1100 for the cheaper kit with hose kit...i think i have enough buddies around here to avoid install charges too...but hey nice rims, i didn't know if the gunmetal would look good on my car but it's the same color as yours almost, so i'd say they would look good lol.

·
Registered
604 Posts
next is some brakes that look better...or some paint. ;)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IAmNewAndTired said:
next is some brakes that look better...or some paint. ;)
I hoping one day when I have nothing else I need to do I'll go get some paint and paint those like a semi-gloss black. Just something so it looks better but doesn't distract attention.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Paint the calipers Jer... Rims look nice man.
BTW: Love the muffler! How's it sound?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
crombie said:
Paint the calipers Jer... Rims look nice man.
BTW: Love the muffler! How's it sound?
Sounds really cool at 1/2 throttle and above. But midrange throttle sounds kinda annoying...... but not ricey. It's just loud. Idle sounds REALLY sweet it just isn't that loud though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.