DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I actually traded in my 2005 Magnum r/t for a 2003 300m. I know that sounds crazy. I had a 98 ES Intrepid for 7 years and traded it for the Magnum.
Put 9,500 miles on it and just traded it for the M. I missed my ES and thought this was a step up. Anyone notice a difference in the door panels from the 300m and the Intrepid? The 300M seem to have less room for your leg. Am I imagining this or did my leg get bigger? lol Anyway I think this forum is great and I look forward to talking and seeing what you guys do with your 300m's.
Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmmm sounds like a backward trade.. lol... I like the 300m better, i bet it is better on gas

Reactions: Great White

·
Registered
566 Posts
Anyone notice a difference in the door panels from the 300m and the Intrepid? The 300M seem to have less room for your leg. Am I imagining this or did my leg get bigger? lol
All the intrepid door panels I've seen are different than the m's, the lower portion anyway, the upper portion seems to be the same, maybe different 'covering' cannnot remember but the lower panels are different, speaker grill etc.

Anyway congrats on the M, I like it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

Thank you for the nice welcome.
I have been peeking in here for a while and when I had my trep I got some great ideas for it. This time around I noticed a 300m section and got excited. Yea it is a bit of a trade back huh? lol Well I am really happy I did it and it's only been a week. The M has 25 K on it and I dropped my payment almost another cars worth. I liked the Magnum don't get me wrong (telescopic wheel was rockin) but for a day to day car I prefer the M hands down. Also something I noticed and I confirmed this with other Magnum (r/t) owners. The drivers side gets much warmer then the rest of the car when taking long trips.
And no i didn't have heated seats lol. Do in M though ;o).. It gets a bit better gas mileage yes but it cost about the same to fill up. Weird thing was my insurance only went down 70 bucks for the year. That one baffles me. It's MUCH less road noise. The magnum is a great wagon just I didn't need all that power and the M has everything I loved about the trep ES.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
congrads!!!! now im jelious!!! ive been looking for a nice 300M for a few weeks,, finally found a very clean 99 300M,, black on black,, leather, 68k,, for $7900.00 wife didnt like the color,, so it is back to the drawing boards.
good luck
doc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Scratches

Dr.dodge keep plugging. I had 2 black on black M's sold out from under me in minutes in the same week. I wanted black but this silver one was so clean and only 25K... I couldn't pass it up.
Windowpane I live in Jersey also so don't hate me to much LoL... I love the wood. I have a few heavy scratches on the wheel though. Whoever owned it before me must have warn a metal watch is what I'm thinking. Anyone have some advice for taking them out?
I tried blue magic but it made it worse lol
Now I have polished scratches..ugh.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 weeks later the car is back at the dealer. The car bucked and the engine light came on. The tranny wouldn't shift into gear or shift into manuel mode. I think I'm buying a new Impala tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
It's just a tranny sensor. Don't sweat it. I'm on my second LH as well (had a 98 ES, now I got an '02 300M Special) and I wouldn't buy a second LH if I didn't have faith in this line of cars.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yeah, probably tranny sensor as stated above. They are kinda finicky and have been known to fail early. Its a beautiful car, don't jump ship yet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I figured that was it. Had the same problem with my 98 ES but that came 100k later. Thing is, I can grab a brand new impala for what I'm paying now with nothing out of pocket. 0% financing. Tough decision and one I have to make by tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts