DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up people? I just got a 96 Chrysler concorde in silver. It's my second car. 1st was an 89 Volvo.. ehh, but hey atleast I was driving as soon as I got my lisense. Well I just got this car and the price on the windshield was only $1550. I have seen the same car on autotrader and showauto for upto $3000. I testdrove it. When you make hard left turn you hear a single cranking sound... possibly the gear box is going bad which is around $200-$300 im thinking. Other then that it was a clean, dent-free car with 119,000 miles. I just scrubbed the seats and gave it a good tune up and it passed inspection (without changing the breaks). I have had it for 2 weeks and im liking it so far but it seems when I get to about 65 mph the wheel shakes but Im not too sure on that yet.

I have just bought 2 12" Kicker subs (1200 watt) model DCVR122 which you can find at circuit city. Its not installed because I didn't even get a headunit yet.. or an amp. I bought a reverse glow guage and chrome lisense plate frames that say concorde at the bottom. I'm looking to do more to it in the future!! anyways I will be around this board alot looking for tips and stuff. Thats it for now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I forgot to mention I talked the guy down to $1400. I don't think he knew what he had! It was ALL the way in the back of his lot and it was about a 150 car lot. It was the 2nd to last car.

·
Registered
202 Posts
breatheeasy17 said:
I testdrove it. When you make hard left turn you hear a single cranking sound... possibly the gear box is going bad which is around $200-$300 im thinking.

Sure it's not more of a clicking sound? and pretty much only does it on a turn? that sharper the turn the worse it is? my first thought was CV joint.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Welcome to the site! I agree with wo23dodge, my car had the same symptom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts