DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago I made my way back to Montreal, Quebec to pickup my new toy. This time it's a 2011 BMW 335xi e92 (coupe). It's Black Saphire Metalic with a Red Coral Leather interior. This is a BMW CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) car, one owner with a good service history and no accidents per the CarProof (Canadian version of CarFax). It has iDrive(navigation), the M-Sport Package, Executive Package, xDrive (AWD), Servotronic and a few more options.

And before you ask, I still have the Specials! But I'm in the process of getting rid of at least one of them, I'm up to 4 vehicles now with the F150 and need to make some space.

Anyways, here are some pictures. I haven't detailed the interior yet to get some proper pictures of it.

·
Registered
14,862 Posts
Steph, nice looking car with some great options. Take a picture or two of it besides the Special.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Whoa Steph!
Nice F******** ride!

Did you stumble upon some gold in your back yard?
Are you Breakin' Bad up there?
Pulling in so much cash you don't know what to do with it?

Seriously; nicely done.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got her out of storage a bit more than a month ago, no harm was done during the winter months!

My first mod is done. I put on a set of BMW Performance Black Kidney Grilles. I find they give the car a more aggressive look. I'm not thinking about getting a set of gloss black wheels for the car to complete the look but that won't be this year.

I'm in the middle of detailing the car too. I've nearly clay bar'd the whole thing, I just have the front fenders and bumper to do. After that I'll be filling in some rock chips, machine polishing, applying Klasse AIO and then Klasse Sealer. Once that's all done, the wheels are coming off for some refinishing and a good cleanup.

I'll be doing an oil change soon. I'm only at about 5k miles on the oil but I'm not a fan of BMW's 15k mile OCI's. It was a pain to find the BMW approved oil for the car, but I did. I got some Castrol Edge w/ SPT in 5w40. I have a OEM BMW filter to go along with it all. These cars have cartridge filters so the whole thing should be fairly simple. One thing that's a bit hard to work with is the electronic dipstick. It takes about 10 minutes to update the oil level after you start the car. As a result, I'll have to accurately measure out exactly how much oil it takes. The engine has a capacity of about 7 quarts!

I've also ordered some transfer case fluid which I'll do sometime this summer. I'll probably tackle the axle fluid at the same time. I'm also almost do for a set of spark plugs, which of course require a special socket. I'll probably tackle that this summer too.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled the car out of the storage garage a few days ago but I won't be driving the car for another month at least. I have a few items to take care of (getting the rear bumper fixed up, maybe even the front) before I want to start driving it again. In the meantime here are some pictures of the interior. It's a Coral Red leather that's fairly soft. I need to condition the leather which is one of the first things to do on my clean-up list.

·
Registered
14,862 Posts
Dang that interior does look real nice. I see that, think back through the years of you tearing apart all of those LH's and question when will you tear into this car for "upgrades"...?....

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang that interior does look real nice. I see that, think back through the years of you tearing apart all of those LH's and question when will you tear into this car for "upgrades"...?....
LOL I've been tempted for sure, but I have resisted up to now. There was a guy selling a complete brown interior for the car that I was tempted to pick up, but then I thought I already have the sweetest interior they offered and it wasn't that great of a deal. The one thing that I have added to the car is an oil cooler which was a pretty big job. I had to tear half the front end off to get that done. They're definitely not as easy as an LH to work on, but they're still fun. I barely have any rust on it so all the fasteners come out really easy. I kinda want to pick up a 4 door e90 car for my GF to drive, but that isn't in the cards quite yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts