DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna say it before anyone else can. :worthless But I was tired after driving approximately 6 hours round trip to get my new car and I decided that I was gonna take a nap instead of taking pictures, now its too dark. Will try to get some up tomorrow. Picked up an 02 Intrepid ES with 78,600 miles. Previous owner had a viper remote start installed. Has a couple scratches in the clear coat and the tires aren't gonna last too long. Its due for a timing belt and waterpump as I imagine they are the original.

Thinking about a few mods to get going with, lighted key ring, molded cupholders, maybe some interior lighting on this one too. Whats you guys' thoughts on the plug and play HID kits like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-XENON-K...ts=Model:Intrepid&hash=item1e70b30c1c&vxp=mtr . Also wondering what it would take to add either an OTIS or EVIC to this car.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
Is this the "Base" 2002 ES you were talking about before/

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
Does it have fold down rear seat backs?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes, we have a crowded driveway. There's 3 more vehicles not pictured plus a couple trailers and boats.

This car is pretty clean. Has a couple little scratches and a few hail dings but not bad at all. Rims have a bit of corrosion though. Reckon I'll clean up the headlights when I do the timing belt. Can anybody give me any reviews on the plug and play HID kits like I mentioned in an earlier post? Also, how easy would it be to add an OTIS to this car?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I added a HID kit to my headlights and fogs no problem...the fogs required a little grinding of the housing but not much work at all.....plug and play...the ballasts fit perfectly under the headlights to the body and slide the headlights back in and done....a lot of people say other drivers will bright you, the HID's won't work in our headlight assemblies....its bs...I've never been brighted and they work perfectly....I DID adjust the beams down from the stock setting slightly but not much and never been touched again....I've had mine for over 2 years with no problems....

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
Gnarly...ball milled 16" 2002 wheels FTW!

Only year they were produced!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the design of the rims, sadly the plating is chipped on each wheel and the alloy is has some corrosion. And 2TONER/T, do you remember what kit you used for the HIDs? I've also posted on the LH Owners of America facebook page for suggestions.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Beautiful car! I added an OTIS to my '99, wasn't terribly difficult. The hardest part was bringing myself to cut a hole in my ceiling. Assuming you are pulling one from a yard, make sure you grab both ends of the wiring harness (the one in the fuse box and the one that attaches to the OTIS).

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
If you go for an install of OTIS/EVIC...pull the entire overhead wiring harness...don't just cut the ends off. The harness is glued to the inside of the headliner and needs a little force to pull away but it's not bad at all.
It's preferably to get the harness out of a car that doesn't have a sunroof seeing as yours doesn't. Otherwise the wiring on the drivers side goes all the way back to the C pillar for the sunroof module. Getting one from a sunroof car is fine also...you'll have the buttons on the OTIS/EVIC cover that won't do anything. You could wire them up to something else if wanted!

Does your car have the rear overhead Map/Reading lights? I'm thinking it doesn't being a cost cut Base ES. If the donor has them you can either cut the wires going to the back out of the harness or get the whole harness. Usually the cars with rear lights also have lighted visors and auto-dim mirrors. You could easily get those parts also and add them to yours.

Post up any questions if you have them about this addition and we'll get you going in the right direction.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you go for an install of OTIS/EVIC...pull the entire overhead wiring harness...don't just cut the ends off. The harness is glued to the inside of the headliner and needs a little force to pull away but it's not bad at all.
I just attached the ends to some multi-conductor cable, ran it from the fuse box up the A-pillar, and spliced in to the dome lamp wires for power, but my donor vehicle was a sunroof model. Of course the whole harness is probably preferable. :)

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
Yes it is preferable. There wouldn't be any mistakes in splicing wiring in! Not to mention if the donor car has extra options...you can easily install them with the complete uncut overhead wiring harness.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Owning an 01 es don't count?
:angrymob:

Naw it's a unit by the map lights what they both do is offer different information, temperature, direction by standard. Different models/years had instant MPG, average MPG, a trip for distance, time and higher end ones offered door ajar and other dash readouts, service counters, homelink (garage door programmer) etc.

Get one out of a Jeep, best one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.