DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this air dam before I ever had the eagle, just got around to putting it on yesterday, it fit like it was made for the car

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Wait, those things were actually put on there?? I thought that something fell down that I needed to repair/replace :doh: I like that idea though.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait, those things were actually put on there?? I thought that something fell down that I needed to repair/replace :doh: I like that idea though.
Yup, their function is to move air current around the car/truck rather than under it, it cleans up the aerodynamics of the car. You will see that the newer the car the larger/lower the air dam is, on many late models its just part of the front bumper/fascia

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most Small Curbs and parking bump stops for me....

I installed a factory air dam on mine, but moved it to the very edge to direct more air up into the coolers vs cleaning on the air underneath.
I still have the factory one in the shed, this one is nearly twice the height and reaches from tire to tire, quite a difference. I could just barely notice a difference at speed, I'm curious if it will make any difference at all in fuel mileage, we'll see after I get a few thousand miles on it like this.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! I hope it's prepared for some scrapes and scuffs! That's a low rascal.
Yeah it is, I'll have to actually measure it when I get home. I'm going to have to be careful at the parking blocks and drives

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
^Be careful or this will happen:

That is what happened in a recent "Bottoming-Out" :banghead:

Sorry for the poor quality picture-- that is what happens when I am too lazy to lie down on the driveway and focus the camera for a decent pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts