DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

*NEW AND IMPROVED* Turbo 3.3L pictures and misc.....

25K views 107 replies 54 participants last post by  unkniown 
#1 · (Edited)

This car is gone now but the one with the body kit is sitting in storage waiting for me to get some time to work on it and complete some MAJOR improvements. This project never got finished though :(

Pic of T4 and a REAL Turbo XS BOV, not a knockoff. You have to see this turbo in person to get a appreciation of the size, it's ****ing huge. Just the exhaust turbine is 3" across. It's almost exactly twice the size of the Mitsu TEO4H that was on there (would work well on a civic). Oh yes you can see the Turbonetics Deltagate Mark II just before the turbo there too. When I got this it had a plastic intake pipe and home depot connectors. Now it is all metal with silicone connectors. Not to mention the 2nd gen DSM BOV is now a Turbo XS BOV. This turbo is basically the perfect size for this car, when all the exhaust leaks are fixed it's fully spooled at the end of first going into second. It's very quick, I'm totally happy with the turbo. Unlike the other one this keeps pulling to redline where the old one fell flat on it's face at about 4000rpm.

Another pic of same.

Pic of MASSIVE 3" mandrel bent stainless steel polished by yours truely down pipe. This is the extent of my exhaust so far. Notice the stainless steel drain line which used to be a rubber hose.

What is this? Looks like ass I know. This is the y pipe where both headers come together. Notice how the come together at about a 90 degree angle, which flows like ****. Also notice ghetto exhaust sealant on manifold and joint to prevent leaks. (not my doing) But I do plan on fixing all of this with stainless flanges welded to manifolds and transistion pipes, a magnaflow y pipe, and stainless piping.

Overall pic, intercooler still isn't hooked up. Once again after bootcamp this will be fixed.

Pic of turbo and other Trepid.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Nitrous powered intrepid, complete with body kit and all related ass whooping accessories.

Da' bumper. Very sexy. I'm sure many of you have already seen pictures of this car but I was a little trigger happy and it's slightly dark out which is what my camera likes so I took some pics of it too.

The end.

Reactions: MegaTrep
#3 ·
no pictures work.

Reactions: r0meo021
#5 · (Edited)
Alrighty, pics are fixed. Feel free to leave feedback.

#9 ·
Wow, I didn't realize you had 2 intrepids. They both look nice. I'd bet they bring some hell to people who race you :)

#12 ·
nice work man

#13 ·
Thanks for the compliments and comments guys, but only 11 replies?

#16 ·
Yes, they are both 3.3Ls.

Can you put these on decent host? Looks like you already exceded your bandwidth limit for the month. I suggest imageshack.us.

#19 ·
Cool Pics.

I wuld LOVE to invite you to come to Carlisle this July with both cars if possible. I want to try to set up a boosted/juiced LH showdown.

#22 ·
this is just my opinion, but why dont you take the body kit off the other intrepid and put it on the turbo 3.3, paint the turbo with body kit and rims, hook up the nitrous and then sell the other one.

save some money on insurance and all, and youll def have the fastest 1st gen anyways. i can see that maybe you want to keep both for reliability reasons, but i known i wouldnt be able to afford 2 cars right now

#23 ·
turbo

that was sick and krazy kick ass turbo you have giving me some hope that this can be done.I've been wondering could somethinglike this be possible be done with a turbo could a speed chip do any harm by the extreme hp . i have an 97 sport 3.5 and want to do it up thank for the insight

#25 ·
Well just so I can cover as much ground as possible here I'll try to respond to everyone's questions with one response. I am back from bootcamp, I broke my knee(again) and they sent me home about half-way through training. So I'm disappointed as ****, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

But I still am walking away with some money, so the pre-turbo exhaust should be getting fixed here rather soon along with a few other things which includes a a/f gauge.

I'd love to come to Carlisle, but it is quite the drive for me. I'd probably only bring one car too, just have to see if I got some time and a little extra cash to make the trip.

And no there haven't been any dyno or 1/4 results yet, I'd like to..... but again time and money all play a role, and for now there are so many things that at least in my mind I still need to get that I don't really have the extra money to take it somewhere just yet. If you'd like to mail me a check, by all means I'd gladly accept with open arms.

I have 2 cars for many reasons, the biggest is that the winters here suck. I don't really want to drive a car that sits 4" off the ground in 2 feet of snow every year, hince the turbo car without a body kit. Plus having 2 cars enables me to keep some form of transportation while the other is being worked on, breaks, or whatever. Actually it isn't as expensive as you might think, for the extra car with full coverage it's only an extra $180 every 6 months for insurance. And car payments are just about $130 a month, not bad to me. Actually all of the turbo stuff will be switching over to the body kitted trep eventually.... just a matter of time, don't expect it anytime soon though.

And there is not much room for a filter there, at some point I'm going to get a 90degree bend and make a cold air type of a setup with a different filter, but for now it works fine. Lot of work to be done, and a lot of money to be spent..... just can't do it all at once.

#26 ·
that's freakin sweet *drools over turbo 'Trep*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.