DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Wtf ......I don't quite understand the part of the thread title ....."we may benefit"...I have one of the most powerful Intrepids ever built and I get 23 mpg combined city/hwy. Who the hell is "we", I can only assume , being this is an Intrepid forum that "we" means Intrepid owners. Even if "we" could qualify for a new car, that new car would only be required to get 22mpg. The last time I checked 22mpg is less than 23mpg. The only way I could benefit would require me or "we" to convince ourselves that "we" would like nothing more than to pay more taxes to fund more wasteful government spending.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
This is a ploy to force us all into tin cans like the Smart car so that the administration can fight the farcical global warming. Maybe the gov't can also pay my hospital bills when I'm injured in a collision in one of these "economy" cars. Or pay for my funeral.
I'm not in favor of giving anyone my money (where do you think that gov't money comes from? It's us!!) so they can buy a car. Nor was I in favor of the gov't handing out $40 coupons for digital converters so that everyone can sit on their lazy asses and watch TV. That was my money!!!
A GOVERNMENT THAT ROBS PETER TO PAY PAUL CAN ALWAYS DEPEND UPON THE SUPPORT OF PAUL.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Don't support gov't handouts like this; they might benefit you for a while, but at the cost of your ability to determine your own destiny.
If you favor this type of program, remember:
THAT GOVERNMENT IS BEST WHICH GOVERNS LEAST.
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862) - Civil Disobedience, 1849
THE NATURAL PROGRESS OF THINGS IS FOR LIBERTY TO YIELD AND GOVERNMENT TO GAIN GROUND.
Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
GOVERNMENT IS LIKE A BABY. AN ALIMENTARY CANAL WITH A BIG APPETITE AT ONE END AND NO SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AT THE OTHER.
Ronald Reagan , Former U.S. President - Saturday Evening Post, 1965

1 - 7 of 7 Posts