DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After Master's Tournament Trep Maintenance

Man I am pissed right now! I got my check for working the Master's Tournament today and it was several hundred short! (problem #1). Still had enough to get my new wheels so I go off to pick them up and get them installed. However before I get the new wheels I decided to get the brakes checked as the car had began to vibrate a little lately. Guy at the brake shop (Buffalo Brakes) tells me that I need new rotors on the front and that I need pads all the way around. So $497 later. (problem #2) Also changed the oil today and had the fuel system cleaning treatment that was $123. (problem #3) So now I have like $600 left for mods. Where in the *&!#$% am I going to find some 18"s and rubber for $600. So I guess I will be rolling to Carlisle on my 16"s but maybe I will go ahead and get my HID lights now. Guess in the future I should keep up with this regular maintenance stuff huh????? Thanks for reading my rant.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
thats what you get for not calling me I couldve done Irotors and performance pads on your trep for 330, or I still have my stock rotors and pads... lol..... buy the rims on ebay, and i will fix your car so they will work.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Man I am pissed right now! I got my check for working the Master's Tournament today and it was several hundred short! (problem #1). Still had enough to get my new wheels so I go off to pick them up and get them installed. However before I get the new wheels I decided to get the brakes checked as the car had began to vibrate a little lately. Guy at the brake shop (Buffalo Brakes) tells me that I need new rotors on the front and that I need pads all the way around. So $497 later. (problem #2) Also changed the oil today and had the fuel system cleaning treatment that was $123. (problem #3) So now I have like $600 left for mods. Where in the *&!#$% am I going to find some 18"s and rubber for $600. So I guess I will be rolling to Carlisle on my 16"s but maybe I will go ahead and get my HID lights now. Guess in the future I should keep up with this regular maintenance stuff huh????? Thanks for reading my rant.
497 for pads and rotors.............that's just crrrrazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Just so the others know, Kcarlos works as a stunt double for Tiger Woods.
When there's a shot too dangerous for him like close to water or sand Kcarlos takes over and shows how it's done without taking any of the merit... :bigok: Carlos man, you have to start taking care of brakes and oil yourself, you'll save a pretty penny. :heh_heh:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Yeah I agree Terminator101 from this point forward you best believe that I will be checking things out on a regular basis.
no comment on my post? or u just too pissed to say anything... lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
well, I could try to help you out by suggesting you do all the work yourself...Hawk HPS+ pads + iRotors all the way around cost less than what you paid for your brakes, offer way better stopping than stock, and won't warp like stock.

just about anyone can install brand new rotors and pads and change their oil (should be about $10-15 yourself.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had planned on getting the I-rotors but I got that knee jerk reaction when the guy said you need rotors and pads. Decided that since I have the money why wait to order and take a chance until the I-rotors arrived.

JD me pissed no way. You know I am too easy going to get pissed at my friends.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
PERFECT example of inpatient.

Hmmm trying to think if that sell patients ny where :O)

Only kidding kcarlos
tho really breaks are easy to do i never changed mine up until about 2 months ago and i watched then i actually guided another member in doing it which was fun.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
I had planned on getting the I-rotors but I got that knee jerk reaction when the guy said you need rotors and pads. Decided that since I have the money why wait to order and take a chance until the I-rotors arrived.

JD me pissed no way. You know I am too easy going to get pissed at my friends.
lol, i didnt mean pissed at me, just pissed that you couldve gotten it free.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
buy the EBAY rims, and I will make sure they will fit. If you get 18's, DONT get ones that are INSET.... get ones that are flush with the tire at the edge. If not, then they will look smaller.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Already watching both of those......LOL

Do not get me wrong I am still looking. I had just hoped I would have them on by now and would havethe new wheels on when I went to visit my brother this weekend. Besides the local shop says he will give me $300 credit (for my wheels & tires) towards my purchase.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
another option..... Look for a set of SMALLER 18" tires for your daughters car...they are cheaper... then have those put on your rims, and that way you save even more money, and your daughters car will look better.

·
Registered
734 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts